Bitsy Boodle's 2013 Summer Clip

Breeder and groomer here. Here's the official, professional answer: Bitsy Boodle is Chris's dog, and Chris lives with her every day. If Chris knows that Bitsy is happier after being clipped down, then what is there to argue with?

You look darling, Bits!

No one is arguing just giving an opinon wich we all are entitled to as long as it is not nasty!!!:hugs
 
No one is arguing just giving an opinon wich we all are entitled to as long as it is not nasty!!!:hugs

I'm with Sharon here....for Kelly (the forum owner) to chime in with an opinion suddenly implies that we bad! What gives?

I did ask my groomer about this this. Whether done by clippers or scissors, she says too short is too short and the coat may not grow back again the way it is supposed to.

So, yes, its a personal decision. And that's ok, if you can live with the results. That's all that Sharon and I are cautioning about.
 
Not to upset anyone here, and just asking.....but I always read that the guard hair should never be clipped or shaved. From my own experience, I know that when a groomer decided to shave Bacca's hips and butt, his fur never grew back properly. He has only undercoat and no guard hair on his haunches. The guard hair never grew back.

Personally, I can't see how cutting the guard hair makes the dog cooler. The guard hair is supposed to protect. If the dog is hot, then you really need to prune the undercoat, in my opinion.

Perhaps a breeder or groomer can chime in here.....meantime, I'm just going to duck :hide
You should see what I do to my bitches when they are in whelp. I literally scissor them down to almost what Bitsy looks like...I did Mia for her last litter, The pups are 6 months old and shes sporting a coat that can kill a yak!:lol: Granted some of it is hormones that makes it grow in that thick that fast, but all mine their fur grows back with no issues.

As far as making her cooler imagine the difference between wearing a wool sweater with a turtleneck to just wearing a long sleeve jersey type shirt..even though covering the same the weight and heat entrapment is less.

As far as Bacca dogs with Hepatic issues tend to have a crappy coat, I know I have one with gallbladder and her coat is crap. It takes forever to grow and do anything..
 
I'm with Sharon here....for Kelly (the forum owner) to chime in with an opinion suddenly implies that we bad! What gives?

I did ask my groomer about this this. Whether done by clippers or scissors, she says too short is too short and the coat may not grow back again the way it is supposed to.

So, yes, its a personal decision. And that's ok, if you can live with the results. That's all that Sharon and I are cautioning about.

uhhmmmm- where did Kelly post in this thread?:confused2:
 
You should see what I do to my bitches when they are in whelp. I literally scissor them down to almost what Bitsy looks like...I did Mia for her last litter, The pups are 6 months old and shes sporting a coat that can kill a yak!:lol: Granted some of it is hormones that makes it grow in that thick that fast, but all mine their fur grows back with no issues.

As far as making her cooler imagine the difference between wearing a wool sweater with a turtleneck to just wearing a long sleeve jersey type shirt..even though covering the same the weight and heat entrapment is less.

As far as Bacca dogs with Hepatic issues tend to have a crappy coat, I know I have one with gallbladder and her coat is crap. It takes forever to grow and do anything..

My comments have nothing to do with Bacca's health issues. He had several bad grooms long before he ever started to exhibit skin funk that he has never recovered from. Indy too is still living from a shaven butt and guard hair. Same groomer.
 
I'm sure I did not dream it. It must have been removed???

It doesn't sound like Kelly to get on to someone then change her mind. Maybe you saw it on a different thread:wink2:? But I've been on SN for about 5 hours now and off and on most of the day, I wouldn't think that I would miss it. But, hey, anything is possible right?
 
My comments have nothing to do with Bacca's health issues. He had several bad grooms long before he ever started to exhibit skin funk that he has never recovered from. Indy too is still living from a shaven butt and guard hair. Same groomer.

No but mine does. What im saying is that even if he wasnt exhibiting issues with gallbladder/liver etc at the time or heck even thyroid messes with the coat. Even in humans, thyroid causes havoc on hair and nails/skin.

But anyway back to the topic of the thread, Bitsy looks adorbs and Im sure with just the weight of her coat off her she feels ages younger!!!!! I have yet to see in a healthy dog have an issue with scissoring of the fur. Just like hair it grows back.
 
Back
Top