Bitsy Boodle's 2013 Summer Clip

Hey Chris, quick question. What's the summer weather like in North Virginia compared to west TX? Normally the record highs here are up to 104*F in June and July. But we just had a record of 106 yesterday so it's only going to get hotter. My dogs coats aren't quite as thick as Bitsy's, but they still suffer a lot from the heat and I can't always get them in if we have an unexpected heat wave. So usualy they have to stay in all day (which they hate). It was suggested that I just shave there belly, and I'll probably do that first, because although Bitsy is very cute I still LOVE their fur.
Tabs
 
Last edited:
Hey Chris, quick question. What's the summer weather like in North Virginia compared to west TX? Normally the record highs here are up to 104*F in June and July. But we just had a record of 106 yesterday so it's only going to get hotter. My dogs coats aren't quite as thick as Bitsy's, but they still suffer a lot from the heat and I can't always get them in if we have an unexpected heat wave. So usualy they have to stay in all day (which they hate). It was suggested that I just shave there belly, and I'll probably do that first, because although Bitsy is very cute I still LOVE their fur.
Tabs

That sounds sensible, Tabitha. We usually get a couple of really hot spells -- 100+. The other furkids weather it well, but Bitsy suffers at anything above 75.
 
Thanks for posting the photos again this year Chris and for revisiting this topic.

I worry about Toby my tri when it gets hot outside because he's black. The girls seem to do ok but Toby's shiny black fur sure makes him hot.

I'm definitely not at the point where I'd consider scissoring him yet, but this thread has reminded me that I should probably consider shaving his belly this year.

For those of you who do belly shaves, do you literally just do the belly or the whole underside? If I don't get any answers I'll post my own thread.

Thanks again Chris! :smile2:
 
Back
Top