Can I get some feedback please

Okay, this is kinda neat. Remember how I asked about what happened when Koji dropped the bar in my Sunday Jumpers run? Well........

Here's the answer:
There are 3 photos. You can see exactly what happened.
I admit, I'm still not 100% sure. It looks like Koji was too close to the jump. His take off looked great, and then it looked like he didn't get his rear end up. Maybe it was the thick grass, not pushing hard enough, who knows. But I just saw these photos and thought I'd share my boy's first pole drop from a really great angle. lol

He did start close but he looked good in the photo and should have made it. But his head came up and his back feet came down because of it. I rewatched the video and though you did stop and send him, he looked commited to the jump. I think he slipped and his back feet went out from underneath him as he pushed off, he lost his balance, raised the head and as a result the feet hit the jump. Can't tell 100% though.
 
Last edited:
He did start close but he looked good in the photo and should have made it. But his head came up and his back feet came down because of it. I rewatched the video and though you did stop and send him, he looked commited to the jump. I think he slipped and his back feet went out from underneath him as he pushed off, he lost his balance, dropped the head and as a result the feet hit the jump. Can't tell 100% though.

It's weird, isn't it? I guess only he knows why he basically crashed into the pole. Poor thing. Didn't seem to affect him at all though. I just love the photo take of it. Thought it was interesting.
 
Those are great pictures of what could have caused the dropped bar.

Looks to me like he took off at an awkward angle and just didn't get enough of a push off the ground. He looks almost on his side in the second picture.
 
Those are great pictures of what could have caused the dropped bar.

Looks to me like he took off at an awkward angle and just didn't get enough of a push off the ground. He looks almost on his side in the second picture.

I could print it and say, "look at that tight jump" but yeah, he's in a very awkward position by frame 3.
 
Just got back to this thread.. my gosh there are too many posts, so I think I may try to just stick with the Agility part of the forums for now, lol
was that you Chelle?
BUT who told you to grab who's ruff for barking? what!??
I would NEVER do that that will do exactly that.. discourage him from coming to ya.. good for you refusing it! ... we have Shelties.. live with it.. they WILL tell us off, lol

I do try and shush Toffee when he barks, because he cannot bark at me and concentrate at the same time BUT a LOT of others are fiends and bark the whole way through and that is ok!!
Most of the barking looks good on Koji! :) Love that little guy, and you are doing an awesome job handling him!
 
Just got back to this thread.. my gosh there are too many posts, so I think I may try to just stick with the Agility part of the forums for now, lol
was that you Chelle?
BUT who told you to grab who's ruff for barking? what!??
I would NEVER do that that will do exactly that.. discourage him from coming to ya.. good for you refusing it! ... we have Shelties.. live with it.. they WILL tell us off, lol

I do try and shush Toffee when he barks, because he cannot bark at me and concentrate at the same time BUT a LOT of others are fiends and bark the whole way through and that is ok!!
Most of the barking looks good on Koji! :) Love that little guy, and you are doing an awesome job handling him!

Ember barked once during agility. I stopped dead in my tracks and dropped my hands to my sides. Ember stopped in her tracks and from the look on her face you would have swore I hit her with a brick. She has never barked again while working. I would have hated to see her reaction if I had actually touched her. She would have given me the paw and told me to run the bleeping course myself.

Now if I could just shut her up at home.:lol:

Diva tells me off all the time when I make a mistake on the agility course. Fine. But if she is just being silly and not paying attention, I just down her and let her collect herself if she is out of hand.
 
I am guessing him came in to hot. Certainly got his front up but did not elevate enough to go clear. Had he came in a bit slower maybe he could jump more in the shape of a high jumper. Coming in hot flattens the curve a bunch so you would need more elevation and likely an earlier launch.
 
Ember barked once during agility. I stopped dead in my tracks and dropped my hands to my sides. Ember stopped in her tracks and from the look on her face you would have swore I hit her with a brick. She has never barked again while working. I would have hated to see her reaction if I had actually touched her. She would have given me the paw and told me to run the bleeping course myself.

Now if I could just shut her up at home.:lol:

Diva tells me off all the time when I make a mistake on the agility course. Fine. But if she is just being silly and not paying attention, I just down her and let her collect herself if she is out of hand.

I agree
and you obviously know when your dog is being an a$$ or just excited doing his/her job

LOL seeing Ember now.. with the paw oh no you didn't... frigg off, YOU jump over this thing then.. *stomps paw* *flick tail* *exit left stage*
 
Back
Top