Can I get some feedback please

Just got back to this thread.. my gosh there are too many posts, so I think I may try to just stick with the Agility part of the forums for now, lol
was that you Chelle?
BUT who told you to grab who's ruff for barking? what!??
I would NEVER do that that will do exactly that.. discourage him from coming to ya.. good for you refusing it! ... we have Shelties.. live with it.. they WILL tell us off, lol

I do try and shush Toffee when he barks, because he cannot bark at me and concentrate at the same time BUT a LOT of others are fiends and bark the whole way through and that is ok!!
Most of the barking looks good on Koji! :) Love that little guy, and you are doing an awesome job handling him!

Oh yeah, the ruff grabbing. Nope, I refuse. Mostly because we all know how sensitive Shelties can be. It's just not the thing to do. I mean, even now, when I go to pet Koji, he puts his head down and backs up. That saddens me. Granted, he doesn't bark when my trainer runs him, but alas, I don't care. I'd rather have a confident happy barking dog, versus a submissive one cuz I grabbed his ruff so much. Bleah.

There are times when Koji is NOT focused and barking or barking at me. That's when I'll stop him, make him sit, then continue. I think it's helping.

Thanks for the compliments. And yes, I tend to only visit the agility section. Can't keep up with everything.
 
Diva tells me off all the time when I make a mistake on the agility course. Fine. But if she is just being silly and not paying attention, I just down her and let her collect herself if she is out of hand.

Yup, that's Koji. He barks when *I* mess up. Cuz y'know, he NEVER does. Right?
 
I agree
and you obviously know when your dog is being an a$$ or just excited doing his/her job

LOL seeing Ember now.. with the paw oh no you didn't... frigg off, YOU jump over this thing then.. *stomps paw* *flick tail* *exit left stage*

Hahaha! So it's not just me then, huh?
 
Back
Top