Can I get some feedback please

And lastly, just for fun...this is what hubby's do when they're bored at the trial (not really, he cleaned up the pen and was waiting for me).
Koji learned how to get into the wagon. Why? Who knows. (fyi, it's sideways)

GAH! I was hoping to have time to look at these tonight but no such luck. (Can't watch them from work.)

I did take a look at this one because I was curious about the wagon and your description of it sounded familiar. I have one just like it but in red! I got mine at a grocery store called Aldi, its a German owned discount grocery with very good stuff.

The only thing I don't like about it is the handle. The wagon is a bit free swinging if I'm not careful. Is yours like that?
 
The only thing I don't like about it is the handle. The wagon is a bit free swinging if I'm not careful. Is yours like that?

Yup, that's how mine is too. I was pulling it the other day and it was going back and forth like some drunk driver. But I noticed it does that a LOT more on hard surfaces. On grass, not so much.
 
FYI to anyone interested in one. I have seen them around at other places too. Sporting good stores, outdoor store, even the swap meet. However, the big difference was that they sold theirs for $100 and Costco had it for $50. Granted though, it was a seasonal item for Costco and who knows if it'll even come back.
 
I just Googled "folding wagon" and this came up: http://www.amazon.com/Get-Organized-RED-FOLDING-WAGON/dp/B002MVQE9G

I think I paid $65 for mine but it was a 1 week summer special.

Yup, that's what I have. Although, mine is ugly brown. The red is nice. :) Just curious, does yours have some strong plasticy smell? Ours does and I keep wondering just how toxic that is (cuz we leave it in the truck with the dogs when we go eat dinner and the heat will make it smell weird).
 
It did when I first took it out of the box. The smell's faded as its sat out in the garage with the rest of the agility stuff.
 
Ah.. finally have some time and I'm clear-headed!

Already watched this one!

Standard Round 4 - second day
Feel free to critique this in any way. I know I pulled him off the first jump he passed, but otherwise, no clue if it was me, or him.
He is looking at you instead of focusing on the next obstacle. Maybe teach him to "Look and take"? It could also help if you slow down on the entrances until it is clockwork.

Standard Run - Nothing that I don't know about
At 21 seconds, Koji does this ultra cute spin. I kinda did it to him, so it was a RC fault on my part. Funny thing, 2 other (more elite) people asked me to demonstrate my RC for them. They were wondering if I was doing some strange thing, or what. Wish they would've asked first, I could've just told them what I did. LOL. But, I'm just gald they are watching out for me.
WOW!! He is fast and your crosses are awesome! That was a very nifty run.

My Brag Run
I don't care if it wasn't all that great, or was, but all I can say is...he stopped on his contact!!! It wasn't great, but considering this was the only one (he's only required to stop, all 4 on, for the DW), I don't care.
The rear cross to the tunnel was beautiful. And I think he stopped on the contact because you did and there was some nice eye contact going on.

And lastly, just for fun...this is what hubby's do when they're bored at the trial (not really, he cleaned up the pen and was waiting for me).
Koji learned how to get into the wagon. Why? Who knows. (fyi, it's sideways)
Teeheheee.... cute.
 
Thanks for taking a look Chelle. Any advice is helpful to me to understand my runs better.



Standard Round 4 - second day
Feel free to critique this in any way. I know I pulled him off the first jump he passed, but otherwise, no clue if it was me, or him.


He is looking at you instead of focusing on the next obstacle. Maybe teach him to "Look and take"? It could also help if you slow down on the entrances until it is clockwork.

How do you teach, "look and take"? I have noticed that he's looking a lot at me lately. A good thing and bad. Checking in is good, every second? bad.




Originally Posted by k9kreationz
Standard Run - Nothing that I don't know about


WOW!! He is fast and your crosses are awesome! That was a very nifty run.

Thanks. I'm working on my FCs again because since Koji started running faster, I can't get there in time, so our RCs are awesome.


Originally Posted by k9kreationz
My Brag Run


The rear cross to the tunnel was beautiful. And I think he stopped on the contact because you did and there was some nice eye contact going on.

Yup, he should have stopped on all his contacts. I figure, that's the first step in my 4-on. I stop, you stop, we both stop and I hoop and holler what a great job. Next step will be me passing him as he stops, then last step will be me moving laterally away as he stop. Baby steps, right?
 
Thanks for taking a look Chelle. Any advice is helpful to me to understand my runs better.
...
How do you teach, "look and take"? I have noticed that he's looking a lot at me lately. A good thing and bad. Checking in is good, every second? bad.

I'm a novice, so I'm not sure my ramblings count as advice! :wink2: I do try though.

Look and take isn't really a real thing - just something I've come up with to get Duncan out. When I run, I like him to look at my hand (whichever he is closest to) because I try my best to point at what I want him to take. He's much more visual than auditory. I've gotten him to look away from me and focusing on the obstacle by just practicing and practicing a jump or two and running by them. As he's taking the obstacle, I'll call a Go and he'll drive forward to whatever is there. It is much easier to have an auto Go and pull him off if necessary than have to so clearly gesture each jump. I do have the problem of Duncan pulling in to me if I don't gesture Outs and keep a verbal stream going. I don't think he even listens to the words, just wants to know I'm there with him and he's doing it right.

At first we slowed down agility to focus on flyball, but my schedule is actually Tuesday overbooked with work, so I haven't been able to go to class. I'm a little afraid we lost all that good work!

I think each person comes up with their own techniques to get their dog to drive forward and work away from them. I think that will help you quite a bit. I have pretty much given up on directionals. "Out"/"Go" and "In"/"Here" work most of the time - always using the dog as the focus point.

You are doing such good work. We are not even close yet!
 
Okay, this is kinda neat. Remember how I asked about what happened when Koji dropped the bar in my Sunday Jumpers run? Well........

Here's the answer:
There are 3 photos. You can see exactly what happened.
I admit, I'm still not 100% sure. It looks like Koji was too close to the jump. His take off looked great, and then it looked like he didn't get his rear end up. Maybe it was the thick grass, not pushing hard enough, who knows. But I just saw these photos and thought I'd share my boy's first pole drop from a really great angle. lol
 
Back
Top