Chicken Soup vs TOTW

All the vets around here feed Science Diet also.

Well I guess TOTW would be a good choice for me, because 2 of our 3 puppies are almost ready for adult food. With TOTW they can all just eat the same food.

With chicken soup although it has grains, the grains are good grains arent they?

The dogs love chicken soup and there are no poop problems.
 
When you walk into your vets office,take note on what they have on thier shelves for dog food.If you ask them,they'll push you to buy the food,as there are rollover perks for these vets.They'll sell you anything,just to move it off thier shelves.

The vet that is here in town,has it on her marquee sign out front of her office " I feed Science Diet,and you should to"...

Well imagine her surprise yesterday when we went for a bag of TOTW over in another town yesterday..guess who I ran into at the Tractor Store..yep you guessed. And she had a bag of TOTW in her cart.
I so wanted to embarass the crap out of her,but Brian told me to hush,and go on my way.


Boy this is such a controversial topic but my Vet doesn't push any of the food in her clinic/hospital at all and never has! There clinic does not get any rollover perks for selling SD or RC or others that are there. SD IS a perfectly good food that has been around for YEARS and years longer than some of these others just like Royal Canin has.

BUT, bottom line is IMHO, to each his own and do what works best for your pet, right, right!:biggrin2:
 
All the vets around here feed Science Diet also.

Well I guess TOTW would be a good choice for me, because 2 of our 3 puppies are almost ready for adult food. With TOTW they can all just eat the same food.

With chicken soup although it has grains, the grains are good grains arent they?

The dogs love chicken soup and there are no poop problems.



Hmmm, I guess I don't see why you need to change :confused2:. If your furbabies are doing well and there are no digestive problems at all, why change?

Oh geeze I am opening up a can of worms aren't I :razz:
 
Exactly my point!

We don't vet with her,have'nt since Earnhardt was 2 weeks old.She did us wrong once,we never gave her a chance to do it twice.Long story,but we simply do not like one another.

She has this whole town snowballed,by her high prices,and her lack of compassion.She's never available,she has long extended holidays off.AND..if your dog should get hit by a car,or is seriuosly ill..if you are not a paying customer in her books,she does NOT take emergencies.

Her staff will blatently say to you "is the animal a patient of ours" and if the answer is no,you might as well be looking elsewhere for emergency care.

As you can tell..I have issues with this vet.But her presence in tractor store,only validates she does'nt feed SD.


Doesnt sound like a vet that i could count on to put my pets best interest first and foremost.

At my pups first vet visit .. he asked what i fed him... i said TOTW..(he said that was a good food).so I think he knew better than to advise me to use Hills or SD. Or (I am hoping) he was just curious.

But more to the point..... if a vet doesnt believe in Hills or SD to be good for a pet .... do the right thing and dont have it in your lobby.
 
"The dogs love chicken soup and there are no poop problems."

Then I don't think I would change at all. Chicken soup seems like a perfectly fine food.


Ugh, the whole Hills/SD thing irritates me so. We were suggested c/d years ago for our cats, and it almost sent the lot of them into kidney failure.
 
"The dogs love chicken soup and there are no poop problems."

Then I don't think I would change at all. Chicken soup seems like a perfectly fine food.


Ugh, the whole Hills/SD thing irritates me so. We were suggested c/d years ago for our cats, and it almost sent the lot of them into kidney failure.


I fed my beloved Golden SD for 12 1/2 years, my cats are now going on 13 and 16 y/o on SD mixed with a little Wellness. What does the c/d mean again??
 
Back
Top