coyote stage!

so we went walking with a friend and her dog this morning. Pico did his sitting mid walk thing even then.
and he is still not very attached to me.
But he charms everyone who meets him.
will just have to see who he will become next week!
 
Has Pico been fixed yet? He is around 5 months is that true-- sorry if I missed something. I wonder when that happens will it change his standoffishness? My first Sheltie, which was an inherited Shelitie, had bonded with his original owner and never really bonded to us-- he was older when we got him and it was understandable but I know kind of what you are talking about. We got to be better friends over the next several years and on his last night he died in my arms of heart failure and I will never forget the last look he gave me, I think we were friends.. We later had a female Sheltie who was in love with our male and vice versa- they were two peas in a pod but still both were attached to us. When he died I think she never really seemed to care about us as much, we were friends after that but never FRIENDS.. she was heart broken when her bff passed and we were heart broken for her.. They all have their personalities but we are their pack and they are part of our pack and that is a bond for sure.
 
well, I remember feeling the same way about Gavin. it took him a while to bond to me. or it felt that way.
Pico is just such a confident little guy, I am not as important to him (yet anyway).
but he is sure is cute sleeping cuddled up by my legs on my bed :)
 
Has Pico been fixed yet? He is around 5 months is that true-- sorry if I missed something. I wonder when that happens will it change his standoffishness? My first Sheltie, which was an inherited Shelitie, had bonded with his original owner and never really bonded to us-- he was older when we got him and it was understandable but I know kind of what you are talking about. We got to be better friends over the next several years and on his last night he died in my arms of heart failure and I will never forget the last look he gave me, I think we were friends.. We later had a female Sheltie who was in love with our male and vice versa- they were two peas in a pod but still both were attached to us. When he died I think she never really seemed to care about us as much, we were friends after that but never FRIENDS.. she was heart broken when her bff passed and we were heart broken for her.. They all have their personalities but we are their pack and they are part of our pack and that is a bond for sure.
I’ve found that none of mine really LIKED me until they were older than a year…I think they were just learning so much and experiencing so many new things they didn’t realize how important I was until that age. Blueberry however is the exception to that…she’s very independent and definitely her own self. We’ll be having our coffee in the morning and Piper and Finnie are close and we’re like hey…where’s Blueberry? And she’s either in the living room on the chair or on my mom’s bed having a nap. If I go upstairs for an extended time she’ll come see where I am but then leave. Piper and Finnie always stay close.
 
I’ve found that none of mine really LIKED me until they were older than a year…I think they were just learning so much and experiencing so many new things they didn’t realize how important I was until that age. Blueberry however is the exception to that…she’s very independent and definitely her own self. We’ll be having our coffee in the morning and Piper and Finnie are close and we’re like hey…where’s Blueberry? And she’s either in the living room on the chair or on my mom’s bed having a nap. If I go upstairs for an extended time she’ll come see where I am but then leave. Piper and Finnie always stay close.

pico is a bit over 6 months and not fixed yet, thinking early next year
still squatting to pee, btw.
 
Back
Top