coyote stage!

Its just so wild how different he is than Gavin.
Gavin was 8lbs at 8 weeks....he ended up at 18.5" and 35 lbs.
he was mostly done growing by 8 months (he did fill out but not up)

Pico was 4.5 lbs at 10 weeks, 10lbs at 22 weeks.. at this rate he might not make 20lbs.

need to buy an airline carrier.....looks like he will be small enough for christmas as well as thanksgiving travel.
 
So pico is still 11.4 lbs.
I had my friend help me measure him, and hes around 13.5" tall now.
He had a growth spurt over the past few weeks....
he doesn't look like such a lightweight, but he's not skinny either (you can feel his ribs but he's not skeletal).
His fur is still so short, but the colors are all over the place.
only thing that stays the same is 4 white paws and the mostly black tail with a white tip :)
 
From what I can glean from sheltie growth/weight charts, I figure he will end up around 15", it'll just take a while.
most charts stop at 36 weeks (which will be Jan 17) so basing it on that he will likely be 14.5" and maybe 15lbs at 36 weeks.
which is good since he is flying with me in 3 weeks (@28 weeks) and then a month later (@33 weeks), so smaller then is good :)

even now he looks considerably heavier than he is

a month ago, 10 lbs 9 oz IMG_0055.jpg
a week ago. 11bs 7 oz IMG_0253.jpg
 
ha has an adorable prance...
sadly he is never prancing towards me but away from me!

As snuggly as he is and how cuddly he is sleeping in my bed, he doesn't seem that attached to me. Totally unconcerned about me leaving him while hiking.
I left him tied up when he decided to stop walking and kept going. Pico didn't move and Not a peep from him (and I went 40-50 feet up that trail).

of course, I leave him in the car for 2 minutes to take out the trash or use the port a potty and he starts barking..

we all know who is in charge and it's not me :(
 
this morning, I was getting ready to go hiking.
I was in my bedroom and Pico was flitting in and out.
Mind you, he goes WITH me hiking.
I leave the bedroom and look for Pico. call for Pico. no noise.
He was sitting upright quietly IN his wire crate in the kitchen!
He NEVER goers in there on his own. He only goes in there if he is chasing a treat ball when I pen him in the kitchen when I go to work.
yes, he sleeps in there WHEN I am at work and is penned in (never anytime else).

puppy adolescence....sigh...
 
well he was hiding from me :( which he doesn't do. and the hiking involves multiple dogs so he enjoys it.
he has been howling from about 2:45 PM until 3:30 for about a week as well. at that point I have been gone around 4 hours. oddly enough, when I get home around 3:45, he has been sleeping in his crate (I can use the wifi from just outside to spy on him). today he didn't get up until I opened the door (not the garage door, the back door)
so the kongtime is coming out! (automated kong dispenser on a timer....old tech so not remote)
I had to clean the connections, but it still works...must be 15 years old by now.
 
Back
Top