Crap...poor Harry Potter!

I'd be afraid of them licking the hemorrhoid cream!
Then I'd have to feed them through a straw because their mouth would shrink up....:lol:


Seriously though, I now use the Pedipaws on Indy. I've cut into his quick a timer or two with those big black nails of his. Much easier to grind it down.
 
This is my I dremel nails instea of clipping.

With the dremmel, I can watch as I grind and make a decision as to where to stop.

I just want to remind everyone on the forum of a tip that I received which I never used (so can't prove). Before you clip or grind, apply hemmoroid cream to the nail. Apparently, it retracts the blood supply to the nail which allows you to trim shorter.


Like I said, I've never tested this, but it might be worth a try.

I'm not sure I would be comfortable sticking my pup's nails in hemmoroid cream.. what if they like it.. the taste or smell and then we went to my inlaw's house and went all crazy.. like.. "Hey!! i know that smell.. " it could be bad.
 
I'd be afraid of them licking the hemorrhoid cream!
Then I'd have to feed them through a straw because their mouth would shrink up....:lol:


Seriously though, I now use the Pedipaws on Indy. I've cut into his quick a timer or two with those big black nails of his. Much easier to grind it down.

roflmao too funny..
 
I'd be afraid of them licking the hemorrhoid cream!
Then I'd have to feed them through a straw because their mouth would shrink up....:lol:


Seriously though, I now use the Pedipaws on Indy. I've cut into his quick a timer or two with those big black nails of his. Much easier to grind it down.

I have never laughed so hard! I was trying to read posts,talk with Brian on the phone,as he is working..and I got so I could not talk,I was laughing so.

you guys crack me up~:winkgrin:
 
The first time ever for me...I was trimming nails (Harry, Luke and Molly), finished Luke, and trimmed Harry's...and I got one too short. :( He never said a thing, or even flinched. I didn't even know until he got up and walked around. I got out the corn starch, stopped the bleeding, and gave him hugs. But I still feel terrible. :(

wow- not even a flinch. Happy acted like he was dying the one time I cut his nail a tad short. I have to do his nails in the bathroom now- no escape. He won't stay anywhere near the Peticure- soon as I bring it out for Callie- Happy's gone.
 
I know how you feel:(

90% of the time I use a dermel. But there are times I would clip like about obedience and I forgot etc, misplaced or forgot the dermel.

I always start with Justice and I cut one too short and he yelped. My big strong boy. I had never done that before and he never complains about anything. Well, this upset the girls greatly, he is their leader and protector after all.:smile2: Ember was next and while she didn't move, she squeaked with every cut and I didn't cut one to short. But the time I got to Diva, she was sure her paw was going to be removed. I think I made it though 3 nails before I decided I needed to go find were I lost the dermel with which she was fine with.:confused2: I haven't cut the nails since only dermeled
 
I did it once to Lucky a long time ago, and used flour and water mix. Oh I felt so bad. I use the kind with a guard, and take the tips off every other week.

To be truthful to use anything else but my clippers with that guard I am afraid to use, not good at quessing with some black nails.

These two I lay upside down in my lap and hold the paw with their head under my arm, and they think they are in a torture chamber.
 
I've gotten pretty callus about nail clipping. I have 16 nails to do, so I don't have time for histrionics from the Shelties. My girls and Beckon are much more cooperative if I just lift each foot -- I think they prefer to have some sense of control. Of course, they act as if they're stoically bearing all the tortures of the holy maryters. If they bleed, I put styptic powder on 'em and don't fuss. I guess doing all those poodle feet when I was 17 and a groomer paid off! :wink2:
 
Too Funny !!

I'd be afraid of them licking the hemorrhoid cream!
Then I'd have to feed them through a straw because their mouth would shrink up....:lol:


Seriously though, I now use the Pedipaws on Indy. I've cut into his quick a timer or two with those big black nails of his. Much easier to grind it down.

I'm not sure I would be comfortable sticking my pup's nails in hemmoroid cream.. what if they like it.. the taste or smell and then we went to my inlaw's house and went all crazy.. like.. "Hey!! i know that smell.. " it could be bad.
I'm laughing so hard here you guys are a riot.:lol:
 
These two I lay upside down in my lap and hold the paw with their head under my arm, and they think they are in a torture chamber.

I trim all of mine that way! Much easier, IMO!

I've gotten pretty callus about nail clipping. I have 16 nails to do, so I don't have time for histrionics from the Shelties. My girls and Beckon are much more cooperative if I just lift each foot -- I think they prefer to have some sense of control. Of course, they act as if they're stoically bearing all the tortures of the holy maryters. If they bleed, I put styptic powder on 'em and don't fuss. I guess doing all those poodle feet when I was 17 and a groomer paid off! :wink2:

I was a groomer, too! I didn't fuss/panic until I was done with all of the feet (3 pups...) Then it's time to fuss!
 
Back
Top