Delay in gastric emptying

ronna I didn't read until this eveining on FB he had surgery! I am so sorry I missed this. Sending prayers to you and Liam. I'll bet Natalie is happy to have him back home.
 
I am off to the vet's in a while. Liam is in pain this morning. I can't get him to slow down. He will likely be in the crate today if he doesn't. Dad said he had hoped the vet would have kept him until Liam was better, but this is not how it goes. Unfortunately, Dad is not strong enough to control Liam on a leash when he goes out.

Will update on how he is.
 
Sorry to hear Liam is having a tough time, Emma. I hope the vet can give you something that will help. Crating or even an ex-pen or gated off spot can help while he's recovering. Please keep us posted....still sending prayers!
 
I am off to the vet's in a while. Liam is in pain this morning. I can't get him to slow down. He will likely be in the crate today if he doesn't. Dad said he had hoped the vet would have kept him until Liam was better, but this is not how it goes. Unfortunately, Dad is not strong enough to control Liam on a leash when he goes out.

Will update on how he is.

Don't feel too bad for having to crate him. Bentley spent a lot of time in his ex-pen after his stomach surgery. He always wanted to chase the cat or jump on the couch, so he was always in the ex-pen unless he was on a leash somewhere where he couldn't jump.
 
My dog store carries a special bowl for dogs that makes them work to get their food. In essence, it makes them slow down. I will find out the name of the bowl and post later on today.
 
Back from the vet's. Liam has gained weight from Tuesday. He was 19 pounds then, 19.3 now. This is a dog I can't get weight on.

The vet was extremely happy with him. Temperature was normal. Wound looks good. He laughed when he came in and asked how Liam was doing. My comment: The one who had major surgery on Wednesday? He said his records showed that, but then Liam was up and on his feet just a few minutes after surgery. Stubborn little monkey.

He goes back next week for suture removal.

I am so thankful he is okay. When I walked out of the vet's on Tuesday, I didn't know if Liam would make it through that night and to see him now - God has been good. Thank you all for your support and prayers. I don't have human babies, just my furbabies, and that makes Mother's Day this year extra special that I have them all with him.
 
Back
Top