Deska banned from classes

Its a not-for-profit club. Elections are held next month - so guess who's going to run for a position! I think I might have to become an instructor too so I can get a key to the equipment shed.

That is so evil that it is brilliant! :biggrin2::lol: I especially like the part about getting a key to the equipment shed. :winkgrin:
 
so add to your speech that every other person's dog is running same risk of getting injury, even at young age as Deska does. How would they feel to be excluded from letting their dog do what they like best? Point that finger at every one present member at election meeting and ask them straight- How would you want to be treated if it is was your...../ put the name of the dog/
 
I understand the rules of CPE states that the Judge can exclude animals they deem not fit from the trial, regardless of letters from Vets... SO I would understand if Judges could exclude Deska from trials, but fun competitions and banning from the class and Club???? Is that really necessary or are they out of their freaking minds?
He could have little mini competitions with Tully and the others and train with the best of them, of course! SO why in all the world would they ban him from the Club? Is ridiculous?

YAY VOTE FOR CARO in the elections :winkgrin:
 
I am so sorry! It sounds like they think they are doing what is best for you and perhaps they do not realize the consideration you have given this. As with many things, a clear head will prevail. The letters are a great idea. I would try to include the upper ranks of the club in this decision as well - that way it will go generally uncontested.

A key to the equipment shed would be a blessing. :P
 
I have my fingers crossed for you that the letters from the specialist and vet are enough to get Deska back into agility.

He is lucky that he has you to champion his case..it sounds like you are doing the best job you can so Good Luck!
 
Very well said Jessica:yes:

Before I had Cadbury I was told I had no hope doing obedience and agility with a choc lab. That choc labs were crazy and I was mad.

Well, we now do obedience and agility and I still have hopes of entering comps. And on a regular basis Cadbury is remarked on how calm he is.

Are you serious? I have seen a lot of labs running (all colors). Some are crazy, but most of them are really great. I'm glad you didn't listen to them and moved forward with obedience and agility. Who are these ppl who say "can't". Sheesh. I mean, I have a bulldog in my class. He'll never win anything, but he enjoys it.
 
Its a not-for-profit club. Elections are held next month - so guess who's going to run for a position! I think I might have to become an instructor too so I can get a key to the equipment shed.

Agility in Canberra is a pretty tight knit group so changing clubs wont help. Most agility people know Deska has a problem because he came up lame after a couple of trials earlier in the year. I have let him do a 'fun run' at a couple of trials lately, which I am sure peeves off the 'serious' agility people. Ironically I had slowed down with agility, but have been trialling more since Tully's Flyball disaster to build her confidence. Yesterday Tully's flyball team captain said she will probably be back on the team from September.

I've pulled out the specialist report to take tonight and have left a message with the vet's nurse to get a letter when he gets back. I really hope it will be enough.


Good for you for running for a position. I can't believe they're doing this. Especially since you've gotten the okay from the vets. I'm hoping things change for you and that this does not move into your flyball arena.

Y'know. If you pay for your run, I don't think anyone else should get upset. At the CPE event I was at, this one lady would have her dog run about 3 obstacles and that was it. We all said it was "expensive" training, but sheesh, who cares!?

I hope they'll allow Deska to run. I'm sure with any "athlete" having to stop 100% is not easy.
 
Sheesh. I mean, I have a bulldog in my class. He'll never win anything, but he enjoys it.

I was just talking to my sister the other day about I didn't understand how some breeds could compete in certain events. :lol: Not impossible, but it would be amusing to watch! :yes:
 
I was just talking to my sister the other day about I didn't understand how some breeds could compete in certain events. :lol: Not impossible, but it would be amusing to watch! :yes:

Oh trust me, it's hilarious. Also what adds to the fun is that 1. the dog's name is Bubbles and 2. the handler is so energetic. She's hoopin and hollerin to get Bubbles to do things. She signed him up so he'd get used to other dogs being so close. He actually does rally-o and obedience.

Heck, Bubbles does the dog walk w/o any fear and I always hold my breath cuz um, Bubbles is about as wide as the dog walk. He does (did) the a-frame better than Koji. It was quite embarrassing.
But yeah, Bubbles wouldn't compete and is super slow, but you can tell he's having a fun time with his Mommy! It's really funny watching him do the weaves (cuz he can't bend like that). But he does them pretty well (still learning).

I since learned to never judge a dog and what they can or can't do. y'know. Some breeds aren't built for things like agility, but it shouldn't stop them from participating. Especially when it does help their confidence.
 
Back
Top