Distichiasis

This thread must have kept getting moved down, because I didn't see it again until just now. :uhoh:

I'm glad that you were able to get in! So they aren't going to do the surgery until December, and they are going to remove 14 eyelashes? Is that right?
 
No, I have to schedule the surgery for as soon as I can drive to Saskatoon. I will call the hospital tomorrow morning to schedule it. The ophthalmologist is coming back to Winnipeg in December for another eye clinic, and he wants to see her again then (she will have had the surgery long before then) to make sure that she is doing fine and no new hairs have grown in.
 
I guess we have to be grateful for the little things - like a breeder actually taking responsibility here. That is really nice.

I am glad Maia is getting the best care available and (even though the drive is long and I'm sure recovery will be arduous on you and her) you have professionals who seem to empathize (like the fact that he understands you have a long drive, so he'll get you in first thing the next day).
 
Well the surgery is booked for October 13th. She will be able to go home the same day. So I figure, I will drive there on Monday, stay the night and then drive back after her surgery. She should be pretty groggy and sleepy, so should sleep most of the way home (8 hr drive). I am not sure what I will do in Saskatoon all day however. Oh well.
Unfortunately she will have to wear the hard E-collar. I have the soft blow-up one that I bought for Chinook, but apparently it will not protect the eyes enough, so she is stuck with the hard cone one.
 
Thanks for the update on Maia.

Please know my prayers are with you and will be with you extra special on the 13th of Oct. Please keep us updated on her progress. Hugs to you and Maia. And of course lets not forget Chinook 's hugs as well.
 
We'll all be keeping her in our prayers fo the 13th. Maybe do a search or find a tourist area for info while there for the day.

While you are there,maybe having a breakfast or lunch in a resturant,you could ask some of the wait staff for ideas of what is good to see or do while there for the day. Possibly some tourist info could be found in the hotel you will be staying at.
 
Great ideas! You just reminded me that I have to book a 'pet friendly' hotel! Yikes! Anyone know of any hotel chains that are pet friendly??
 
Great ideas! You just reminded me that I have to book a 'pet friendly' hotel! Yikes! Anyone know of any hotel chains that are pet friendly??

I only know of one, but I don't know that they have them in Canada. It's call a PetSmart Pet Hotel. I've never tried it before. There are some vet clinics that will board your dog for you while you are gone. :smile2: I don't know how much either would be though.
 
I don't know about Canada but lots of hotels/motels allow dogs. We've stayed in Econolodge, Super8 Motel6 and even a very nice hotel in downtown DC.
We've used the petswelcome site and they even have a Canadian link so I added that too.
The easiest is probably to call the available places and ask about their pet policy. sometimes the hotel websites have that info too but it's good to doublecheck because the management can change and then change their rules without updating the website.
Good luck.

http://petswelcome.com/
http://petswelcome.com/milkbone/canmap.html
http://petsonthego.com/
 
Ania

I wish you both the best. It is amazing the issues that crop up with our fur kids. I had never heard of this before, it must be very irritating. Again good luck and it is great that the breeder is helping with this situation.
 
Back
Top