Do your male Shelties.....

Lucky is fixed but he throws his back legs, and lifts one leg up to pee. Lady is so close to the ground, I wish she would just learn to scoot a little, she just does her business and that is it. :lol:
 
My Revel is a definite ground scratcher. He doesn’t do it every time but always on the first pee of the walk or in an area he hasn’t been before. When we were showing it was rather a problem as doing the scratching made his clean white feet dirty and he always did it at shows as there were ladies to impress!
Yogi does not scratch the ground. He is very much a pup at heart in spite of being almost 7 and rarely lifts his leg. Both boys are entire so I just put it down to Revel being the top dog.
 
Mine walk away a little before doing it. I almost think there are wiping their paws in case any got on them. My Beamer use to walk and pee & poop. It was funny watching him all hunched over taking a poop and walking.
 
Abigail does this often. Pierre does it sometimes (mostly dog park - I presume to spread his scent). Haven't seen Duncan doing it!
 
Cooper does this after he poops. I always know he's done then. Meggie's BFF Lucy does it too.

I think the discussion on boy's lifting their legs is interesting. Cooper does the Lion King stance as well. He's the first male dog I've known that didn't lift his leg. Maybe he'll grow into it. He's 18 months old now. Maybe when he's a big boy!
 
Happy does the scratch the ground thing- mostly where other dogs have gone- not so much at home. Callie does the pee/poo walk- she'll pee over other dogs pee too. Cran- lift back leg but not really cocked all the way up- not scratching yet either :wink2:
 
Back
Top