Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Does Your Shelie Like To Eat Strange Things?

Discussion in 'Favorites' started by OntarioSheltie, May 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elaine2004

elaine2004 Forums Enthusiast

Feb 25, 2008
    Landaff, NH
    Hunters Mom

They just want to spresd their happiness.:lol: I know it really is kind of discusting, even after you clean them up. They still want to smother you with kisses. Where has your mouth been dog !!:eek2: Gotta love them though. they are such loyal, loving and smart furkids.

2. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    Yep -- every once in a while I have to say, "Eeeewwww! Poop-breath:dead:"

3. Amanda Kathleen

Amanda Kathleen Forums Regular

May 14, 2008
    Utah
    My little Shelbie also eats dirt. On top of dirt she eats, the treebark, the grass, my sisters flowers, our back deck and our door mat. She is still happy and very healthy so I wouldn't worry about the dirt. I would just be greatful it isn't your entire back yard :winkgrin:

4. mcguiregirl2248

mcguiregirl2248 Forums Enthusiast

Mar 12, 2008
    Britton, MI
    Marlie and Zoe love cat crunches! Every once in a while they will get to the basement without me knowing it and have some treats! Yuck!!!:dead:

5. graydawntreader

graydawntreader Forums Enthusiast

Mar 29, 2008
    St. Marys, GA
    :lol: My German Shepherd used to do that. Eventually, after being yelled at enough (back when I used negative training) she quit doing it at all.:yes:

6. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    Oh, and did I mention Annie Laurie and the yummy mouse? Yep -- gagged up mousie right on the living room carpet. :dead: Ew!!

7. mcguiregirl2248

mcguiregirl2248 Forums Enthusiast

Mar 12, 2008
    Britton, MI
  8. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    I second the Ewwwwwwwww!

9. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    You got that right. And it was dim in the living room. I saw this dark thing on the rug and reached out to pick it up, thinking it was a toy. It was cold, and all the hair was gone -- just a naked, headless mouse, with the missing appendage a few inches away.

Annie just looked at me: "You took my mousie?"

10. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Western Connecticut
    Mousecapades

Great mouse story, Chris! You gotta love those Sheltie prizes. My favorite Mouse Moment was the day Pixie trotted proudly up to me in the garage with a mouse dangling by the tail from her mouth--still attached to the mouse trap! :dead: We had quite the chase over that one before I could convince her to part with it. :eek2:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.