Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Does Your Shelie Like To Eat Strange Things?

Discussion in 'Favorites' started by OntarioSheltie, May 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcguiregirl2248

mcguiregirl2248 Forums Enthusiast

Mar 12, 2008
    Britton, MI
    Cracking up over here!! Very funny! I'm not sure how I would have reacted to finding a mouse like that on my floor! Although, I do have a cat and she killed one and laid it on the extra dinning room chair right next to my purse! Yuck!:dead:

2. sablemable

sablemable Forums Regular

Apr 3, 2008
    The Boys

Max eats sticks, grass, used tissues and sometimes poop. Sparky also eats grass and will chew on sticks as will Disco.:winkgrin:

3. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    Oh, Joy

Dunamis, our rescue Chow/Golden, proudly trotted up the other day with a possum head. The possum didn't look half as surprised as my sister. :eek2:

4. scottermac

scottermac Forums Regular

May 10, 2008
    Savannah,GA
    My first two shelites both ate grass on occasion. My late Ellie would chew on the odd stick or pine cone. I heard they would eat grass if they were nervous or had an upset stomach, but thats probably an urban legend.

They loved ice cream. I once accidently gave Ellie a scoop of chocolate chip and by the time I realized my mistake she had already ate the ice cream but left the chocolate chips.

5. elaine2004

elaine2004 Forums Enthusiast

Feb 25, 2008
    Landaff, NH
    EEEWWWW, Possum head

Oh my goodness, I think I would have just been stupified.:lol: It's amasing what they'll find on their romps. That must of freaked you right out ,Chris. Then the mousecapades, Oh my Ann, Trixie with mouse double caught . First by trap then by Pixie.:lol: And Chris you are getting all sorts of prizes from the furkids aren't you.:eek2: I think the mouse takes it. That would have been freaking me out up to now!!:dead:

6. graydawntreader

graydawntreader Forums Enthusiast

Mar 29, 2008
    St. Marys, GA
    Chris, your post reminded me of something.
    Cookie, my German Shepherd, was fighting aramdillos last year. I saw her pick one up by it's hind leg once.:eek2: And when we got Treader, he started helping Cookie fight the armadillos. I had to be extra careful then because Treader hadn't gotten his rabies shot yet.:eek2:
    The armadillos aren't out quite yet this year.

7. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    OK, we want a picture of the next Armadillo Rodeo!!!!

8. mcguiregirl2248

mcguiregirl2248 Forums Enthusiast

Mar 12, 2008
    Britton, MI
    I have to agree with Chris, I would love to see pictures! I can't even imagine! Marlie, my 2 year old, was the great yard protector over the weekend. She found out that we just had another wood chuck move in under our shed. We got rid of the other one about a week ago! Where are they coming from? She wanted to go and get it in the worst way! :eek2:

9. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    Dunie isn't a Sheltie, but he thinks he is. On a recent walk, he found a wood turtle, which he immediately picked up, despite stern commands of, "Drop it! Drop that turtle!" Suddenly he got a very startled look on his face and spat out the turtle. He stood there sticking his tongue out as if to rid himself of an unpleasant taste. My sister thinks the turtle bit him. Not me -- I think Dunie because a convenient port-a-potty! :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.