Ear's a little tip!

I also had a talk with Jennifer about Smudge. She wants me to get his thyroid tested. She said the woman I bought Smudge from is part of a large chain puppy mill operating out of Red Water, TX. She said a family member purchased a dog from one of the people operating that puppy mill. She said the sheltie had thyroid problems, very brittle bones, and lived at the vet's office.

I didn't know.:(:no: It just keeps getting worse.

*comfort* Hang in there. Hopefully this is just a precautionary screening.
 
That looks just like Deja's first brace.

She said the lady who owns Musical Shelties (http://home.swbell.net/dmusick/) is the one she got her show blue merle from. She said the woman there braided Ellie's (her merle) fur into some kind of weave to brace the ears.

How in the world do you find a sheltie that will stand still long enough to let you braid their fur?! :eek2: It had to have been a puppy!
 
Last edited:
She said the lady who owns Musical Shelties (http://home.swbell.net/dmusick/) is the one she got her show blue merle from. She said the woman there braided Ellie's (her merle) fur into some kind of wear to brace the ears.

How in the world do you find a sheltie that will stand still long enough to let you braid their fur?! :eek2: It had to have been a puppy!

Mike was going to glue the ears together using the hair but the hair that you do that with got nipped roflmao..
 
She told me some people glue the hair, but that she didn't like to do it. She said she changes her glue and tape out every week, but I'm not going to do it that often. She said the remover she uses is very greasy. She said after I use the remover I have to give Fluffy a bath, and I am not giving Fluffy a bath every week! Smudge got hot spots from having a bath every two weeks! :eek2:
 
Bailey's breeder used a string to brace her ears. Everyone thought she had a little bow on her head. I decided not to brace her ears because it just seemed too complicated. I do use Japanese tape to tip her ears.
 
I normally use the glue. I have had trouble with the tape staying stuck... even after cleaning ears well. A couple of my guys have done wonderfully with tape and the others "it just want stick!"
 
http://www.sheltieforums.com/showthread.php?t=3034 I tried to get this picture over.

Fluffy looks adorable. If next time your friend braces her ears, ask if she can get them higher on her head. So the inside edges of the ears are almost, if not touching. You will get a better result. But certainly on the right track!
She's a cutie!

Very cute pictures. I thought the ears could be higher too. Fluffy is a darling/:smile2:
Here's how Ember's looked. Her ears where low too a pup.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top