Ear's a little tip!

Thats good. Whenever Bailey sees me cutting the tape, she runs. She knows what's coming. However, once they're in, she doesn't even notice them.

I guess as Fluffy's ears settle closer together, you can move them closer and closer with each bracing.
 
Just wanted to share: I took Buffy's tape off three days ago and her ears haven't pricked back up yet! They are still tipped perfectly! Usually they go back to prick after a day or so and I tip them again.

Does anyone know if I should keep bracing anyway? She is 7 months.

Jessica, Fluffy is still ridiculously cute, tipped ears or no. I actually kind of like her with the side ears, gives her a unique puppy-dog look. :razz:
 
I feel really strongly about keeping their ears in braces until they are about a year old. It really does make a difference. By that time, what ever you have will stay.
 
I also do the ears till a year, and than if they go into season around that time of a year I keep them in a bit longer. Ive found for some reason one of mine her ears do funny things when shes in heat..:rolleyes2:
 
I feel really strongly about keeping their ears in braces until they are about a year old. It really does make a difference. By that time, what ever you have will stay.

I've heard from other people that a year was the right amount of time to shoot for. :yes: How often do you change out your tape and glue?
 
How often do you change out your tape and glue?

...as often as the other puppy(s) pull it all out.

Missjenneygirl has been tearing her hair out trying to keep Tansy's ears in tapes... because big sister (and best buddy) Sophie has made a game of grabbing the yarn and gleefully hauling Tansy around the room/yard/kennel by her ears. :rolleyes2: When she called yesterday, I think she was onto the fourth day in a row of having to redo the baby's ears.

But seriously, yup, it'll sort of start to come unstuck (or you'll want to make an adjustment, or you'll notice that the brace/tapes/yarn/whatever you're using isn't quite doing its job anymore.
 
I've taken to putting habanero hot sauce on the yarn portion of mine's braces because of what you're describing tofu. The pups seem to dislike the taste of it. It buys me a couple of extra days where the ears stay glued :biggrin2:
 
Back
Top