Ethoxyquin

Does a dry dog food exist with no Etho and no grains...corn and meat by products? (using the assumption that fish..herring salmon "meal" contain Etho at some point in the shipping process?)

SO we need a grain/corn free food with only fresh US fish.

All TOTW dry contains fish meal. ( and as i said TOTW told me that there is etho present in their fish from the supplier.. but not from them.)

And TOTW saying that most of the etho is killed during cooking .... well they may be just telling us what we want to hear.. i need proof .


( i know... i know ... you dont have to tell me .... that i am a lil over-the-top when it comes too dog food...lol)

Since I found this site I am like a sponge .. I want to learn and absorb everything I can ..
 
Do you get Fish4Dogs treats over at your part of the world? It's a UK brand and me friend and I were talking about Ethoxyquin (thanks Sheltieguy!) and she feeds her dogs fish treats from this brand. She went and emailed them to ask if they were Ethox free.

After one wishy washy reply, she pressured them into giving a yes or no answer to a yes or no question and the reply was "We do NOT use any preservatives in Any of our products. There is NO ethoxyquin used at all either from our suppliers or within our manufacturing."

Just thought I'd share - THANKS CHERYL! I know you are reading this! :wink2:
 
Do you get Fish4Dogs treats over at your part of the world? It's a UK brand and me friend and I were talking about Ethoxyquin (thanks Sheltieguy!) and she feeds her dogs fish treats from this brand. She went and emailed them to ask if they were Ethox free.

After one wishy washy reply, she pressured them into giving a yes or no answer to a yes or no question and the reply was "We do NOT use any preservatives in Any of our products. There is NO ethoxyquin used at all either from our suppliers or within our manufacturing."

Just thought I'd share - THANKS CHERYL! I know you are reading this! :wink2:


0th June 2009.

Fish4Dogs get FDA Approval.

We are pleased to announce that Fish4Dogs have gained FDA Approval, and so are now able to sell our products in the USA.
SO i guess I can get some!!!! Thank you romeosangiovese!!! I gonna see how I can get some.
 
SO we need a grain/corn free food with only fresh US fish.

No. There are many dogs that have problems with grain free food. There are many dogs that can't go RAW because of that, and some dog's who need the grain (rice, at least) in their diets due to digestive problems.
 
I have also studied on this. One thing I read in many places is that test showing the Ethoxiquin was harmful was done on rats.

well, most people do not now....
artifical sugar, and orange juice causes cancer in rats.

and rats are not dogs...

my point is, crazy things cause cancer in rats. so just because Ethoxiquin did, doesnt mean its bad.
 
I have also studied on this. One thing I read in many places is that test showing the Ethoxiquin was harmful was done on rats.

well, most people do not now....
artifical sugar, and orange juice causes cancer in rats.

and rats are not dogs...

my point is, crazy things cause cancer in rats. so just because Ethoxiquin did, doesnt mean its bad.


Good Point!
 
recently I have heard TOTW has gone Etho free due to people actually finding out they use it. I have emailed them twice,,, still no response...you would think if they are now Etho free they would want to get the word out . HMMMMMMM
 
recently I have heard TOTW has gone Etho free due to people actually finding out they use it. I have emailed them twice,,, still no response...you would think if they are now Etho free they would want to get the word out . HMMMMMMM

I just had them on the phone,as I was reading your post.
I bluntly told them they needed to get off thier butts,and make some return phone calls & emails to people that have made inquiries to them regarding this particular issue.

I did'nt mince any words with her. She asked for the forum weblink,I gave it to her.I did tell her it would behoove them to REALLY take a look at this thread,either as a guest,or register. She was handing the weblink to a gentleman in marketing,and she is hoping that he takes a real serious look at the posts,and they honestly answer questions truthfully.

She said to me they get many phone calls about this.It is to her knowledge that Etho is NOT present in the product.And this is what she tells everyone.

However my phone call to her,explaining this very thread to her,I don't think she has dealt with a customer on the level of conversation that I just had with her.

She did say,she would also have marketing & production write an email to me,to be able to share here,but I do think the way she talked,that they will most likely visit us here either as guests or register,to finally set the record straight.

I'm as concerned about this issue as the rest.And now a new member to joining the family on Sunday.So this is as far as I'm concerned going to be the breaking point,whether I stay with this product,or spend my money elsewhere. It's that simple.
They either get off thier butts,and do what is right,make the changes on the website to POST that the product does not contain Etho,and guarentee it does'nt or many customers may go eleswhere.

Sorry for the long post...but we are all concerned about our babes health now,and down the road.I will not comprimise my dogs health,just because it is grain free food.And that is thier marketing scheme. I wo'nt do it,I'll go back and use something else.
 
Back
Top