Ethoxyquin

I just had them on the phone,as I was reading your post.
I bluntly told them they needed to get off thier butts,and make some return phone calls & emails to people that have made inquiries to them regarding this particular issue.

I did'nt mince any words with her. She asked for the forum weblink,I gave it to her.I did tell her it would behoove them to REALLY take a look at this thread,either as a guest,or register. She was handing the weblink to a gentleman in marketing,and she is hoping that he takes a real serious look at the posts,and they honestly answer questions truthfully.

She said to me they get many phone calls about this.It is to her knowledge that Etho is NOT present in the product.And this is what she tells everyone.

However my phone call to her,explaining this very thread to her,I don't think she has dealt with a customer on the level of conversation that I just had with her.

She did say,she would also have marketing & production write an email to me,to be able to share here,but I do think the way she talked,that they will most likely visit us here either as guests or register,to finally set the record straight.

I'm as concerned about this issue as the rest.And now a new member to joining the family on Sunday.So this is as far as I'm concerned going to be the breaking point,whether I stay with this product,or spend my money elsewhere. It's that simple.
They either get off thier butts,and do what is right,make the changes on the website to POST that the product does not contain Etho,and guarentee it does'nt or many customers may go eleswhere.

Sorry for the long post...but we are all concerned about our babes health now,and down the road.I will not comprimise my dogs health,just because it is grain free food.And that is thier marketing scheme. I wo'nt do it,I'll go back and use something else.


that was a great thing you did!!

on behalf of all of us thank you very much!!.. I want to feed my boy the pacific stream cuz of the lower protein but as it is all fish ...I/WE all need to know about the ETHO..

It not like we are asking them to reenact the revolutionary war.. a simple yes or no with a few details will due just fine
 
that was a great thing you did!!

on behalf of all of us thank you very much!!.. I want to feed my boy the pacific stream cuz of the lower protein but as it is all fish ...I/WE all need to know about the ETHO..

It not like we are asking them to reenact the revolutionary war.. a simple yes or no with a few details will due just fine

As much a my two love all 3 of the varieties,I have to take into consideration long term.

And yes,if I knew for a FACT that etho was not present,I would have a better frame of mind.Especially so now,as Jasper is coming home,and I will need to transtion him over to TOTW.

This is the first dry kibble,that Earnhardt does not even waste a minute in eating.He loves it,as does Trapp.

I'm very upset about the vagueness from them.And I will not waste my money on a product that we as owners cannot get some concrete evidence on this product.

I'll spend my money elsewhere,it's that simple~
 
Preservatives

The preservation systems used by our vendors are all legal, but are considered by them to be proprietary information. However, we know that the heat from our pet food process destroys whatever antioxidants are used in the ingredients that we purchase. After the heat process (extrusion and drying), we apply natural tocopherols (Vitamin E) in order to carry the shelf life of the food. Diamond does not preserve any of its products with ethoxyquin, only with mixed tocopherols.
~~~~~~~
This is word for word,an email I just got from Sara in customer service.Lets hope that she took what nI gave her about SheltieForums,and they will either post as a member,or if not,at least take this very matter seriouly,and make a full statement on thier site.


still at this point,I am not happy right now.
 
As much a my two love all 3 of the varieties,I have to take into consideration long term.

And yes,if I knew for a FACT that etho was not present,I would have a better frame of mind.Especially so now,as Jasper is coming home,and I will need to transtion him over to TOTW.

This is the first dry kibble,that Earnhardt does not even waste a minute in eating.He loves it,as does Trapp.

I'm very upset about the vagueness from them.And I will not waste my money on a product that we as owners cannot get some concrete evidence on this product.

I'll spend my money elsewhere,it's that simple~
I 100% agree.. IF TOTW doesnt let people know the truth ... they will lose a lot of loyal customers!!!1
 
Her email,mine is at the bottom.Excuse typos ok~

Here is the second email I just got. I do think you will be able to read my response also I sent after I got the statement about ETHO,Just scroll down.I was'nt sure how many members were here,I just used the figure at 2,000.I never noticed how many members we have.Just the same,here is her reply~


I sent an e-mail to our marketing department right after our phone conversation explaining your concern and gave the website information. I will also forward this message for them to address. I understand your concern and appreciate your inquiring.



Sara






--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From: Brian & Michele French [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Tuesday, January 26, 2010 9:40 AM
To: Sara Otto
Subject: Re: Taste of the Wild




Ya'll still need to take this matter seriously.And make changes on the site.Because even though this statement says it's not used...it needs to be addressed on your site.

Even better yet,we would like to see someone from product developement actually POST on Shletieforums.



Even though you guys may think "well its only a forum" word of mouth is every thing.Not only is this a shletie forum,but we also do have another platform of Sheltie Nation we have.Which reaches owners,handlers,agility,conformation,milions of people read what is written about dog food analysis.



There are at least 2,000 people on the forum,from here to Singapore...we will make changes,and go elsewhere for food and spend our money with a company that will handle this and any other issue,better than what TOTW is handeling right now.



It's not like we're asking you guys to part the red sea,or make peace in iraq ..we're asking for honest answers,and TOTW needs to do what is right.



SAY SO ON THE SITE.ADRESSS THIS ETHO ISUE HEAD ON ~AND SQUELCH WHATEVER QUESTIONS WE ARE HAVING.



Sincerely Michele French,and on behalf of the members of Sheltie Forums,do what is needed to insure we have had our questions answered.
 
Preservatives

The preservation systems used by our vendors are all legal, but are considered by them to be proprietary information. However, we know that the heat from our pet food process destroys whatever antioxidants are used in the ingredients that we purchase. After the heat process (extrusion and drying), we apply natural tocopherols (Vitamin E) in order to carry the shelf life of the food. Diamond does not preserve any of its products with ethoxyquin, only with mixed tocopherols.
~~~~~~~
This is word for word,an email I just got from Sara in customer service.Lets hope that she took what nI gave her about SheltieForums,and they will either post as a member,or if not,at least take this very matter seriouly,and make a full statement on thier site.


still at this point,I am not happy right now.


Same answer i got .. Basically they are saying their suppliers use ETHO (which is in fact LEGAL) but they themselves do not . As far as heating the food kills all the ETHO i think that is a bunch of BS!!!


TOTW is shady ..they cant even bring themselves to use the word ETHO (preservation systems ) UMMM YEAH ETHO!!!!! DO they think we are stupid !!!!! THAT kinda stuff pisses me off!!!!
I think I am done with TOTW!!!!

HEY TOTW !!! i hope you come here and read this ... Due to your lack of action and passive answers... you lost me as a customer.... Your bag will be tossed in the trash ASAP!!!!
 
Last edited:
I'm satisfied with Orijen because they do everything possible to eliminate Etho.
Here is what Orijen says on their website:

Champion’s ingredients and foods are never preserved with Ethoxyquin or any other chemical preservative.

Ethoxyquin is typically used as a preservative in fish ingredients, and is commonly found in fish ingredients produced within the United States. Champion uses two kinds of fish ingredients in – fresh fish, and fish meals.

FRESH FISH. Our fresh fish is caught wild within our region and arrives FRESH – which is defined as ‘never frozen and with no preservatives’. Our fresh fish never contain Ethoxyquin.

FISH MEALS. Ethoxyquin preservatives are common throughout the fish meal supply chain, so Champion works directly with our fish meal suppliers (no brokers or middlemen) and we pay them a premium to have our fish meals preserved with our proprietary blend of Vitamin E and botanical extracts. Our fish meals are never preserved with Ethoxyquin.

Champion’s Ethoxyquin standard is set at true trace level, not to exceed 5 ppm (parts per million) of Ethoxyquin, which is 0.0005%, or one half of one thousandth of 1% – the lower limit of what most certified laboratories are able to detect or measure.
 
as far as i can tell .. dogs arent living any longer than ten years ago ... when there was no holistic/grain-free food and they were eating alpo, mighty dog and table scraps.. this entire world of "expensive high quality super foods" could all be one giant scam!!!
maybe i should just go back to alpo and Ol' Roy.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top