Excitement for Kindergaten

It's all about the fun! If your trainers did their job, all the other dogs in classs should be caught up on shots and safe to be around. Let him enjoy himself too.

I already miss those classes. Now adays the instructors start with 'don't forget, keep your dogs seperated. This isn't play time!!'..*pout*
Stay after school :biggrin2:
 
Stay after school :biggrin2:

I think I'd end up with one of those puppy restraining orders..

***Warning; This man has been seen lurking around puppy classes without a puppy, hide your children! Hide your dogs!!**





Oh!! you mean afte MY class.. can't. They always have more classes scheduled. It's a very busy place hehe..
 
Yup they are adamant that all puppies have to be current on vaccines and have at least 2 sets at the start of class. I'm pretty anal about making sure he isn't exposed to anything...bad experiences and working for a vet does that to you :lol:

I think I'll try to at least half the zukes they are pretty small...I just hope they are enough to motivate him. Whiskey gets a little timid at first so at the vet's office he won't take treats at all. Then again he also gets poked with needles there...

We tried the packaged treats for a few weeks without much luck and then someone told us about turkey hotdogs.
We buy a pack of 18 for 3 bucks,
1. cut them into tiny quarters, slice once long ways
2. cut the two halves again long ways so that you have 4 1/4 sized wedges
3. stack the 4 wedges and cut them in to small pieces, about 10 cuts across to end up with 40 little wedge shapped pieces..
4. spread these on a plate and microwave for 5 min. (one layer thick, whatever fits on a plate)
5. repeat until the whole pack is done.

The ideal consistancy is the wedge should be slightly wrinkly and can be broken in two easily. Don't over-cook as they will turn into a powdery mess that the dogs hate.. Cool them completely and then place them in a zip-lock bag in the fridge. Pull out a hand full when you want to treat your dog. we keep a treat jar on the counter with these in it for days. They don't go bad.. They sometimes dry out but I just toss them if that happens.
 
Microwave for 5 mins? I tried it for 30 seconds and they.started to burn

How many are on your plate? Typically a pack of 18 hotdogs takes about 6 plates so three hot dogs cut up per plate. I used paper plates one time abd it only took 2 min. nuke then for a min then check.. repeat as needed to see how your microwave cooks.
 
How many are on your plate? Typically a pack of 18 hotdogs takes about 6 plates so three hot dogs cut up per plate. I used paper plates one time abd it only took 2 min. nuke then for a min then check.. repeat as needed to see how your microwave cooks.

I only used half a hot dog on a microwavable plastic plate
 
Whiskey and I just got back from the first day of class. I did bring Zukes but our trainer handed out chicken hot dogs.

So the other pups in his class were going bonkers whirling around trying to get to everyone, and at the beginning of class he was under the chair, but the transformation was excellent. By the end of class Whiskey was tail wagging and long stepping on recall.

He really has a lot of focus for a pup he couldn't care less about the other pups though all of his focus is on me. It was really neat to see it because the majority of the class consisted of poodles, bichons, and companion breeds. They were whirling around trying to get to one another. Whiskey was the only herding breed there and he really went to work as soon as he figured out what he was supposed to do. It was neat to see him shine that way the trainer actually made the comment. "You see, that was all he needed you give him a job and he's happy and content."

So it was a really excellent experience, I have a feeling he'll graduate at the top of his class if the class keeps up this way, very exciting! :cool:

Picture right after class!
 

Attachments

  • Whiskey 2-13-2010 006.jpg
    Whiskey 2-13-2010 006.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 24
LOL, his picture looks like he's the private saluting the officer:

"Atten-TION! Whiskey here reporting for duty! What shall we do next SIR!"
 
Excellent.Sounds like the first class went well. Justice was like that, he really didn't care if the other puppies were there or not he just sat in front of me with full attention the other puppy owners were so jealous.:lol: He is by far the best worker I've had and always up for whatever game I wanted to play. Hope Whiskey is the same.:smile2:
 
Back
Top