Excitement for Kindergaten

For Diva, recess was her best subject.:wink2: She would even plow into the Labs but chase and be chased was her favorite.:smile2:

Again, sounds JUST like Lexi. She will run up to a dog, sniff and be sniffed, then ZOOM! "Come chase me!" (She tends to forget she's on a leash a lot of the time)
 
Whiskey's Second Class!

He did very well, the trainer was really impressed with him actually we were working on targeting and taught him to jump into a box and sit quietly. He did it first try and it clicked. It was very neat to watch his wheels turning. He was also doing so much better with the other dogs much less closed off.

Whiskey got to go visit his groomer today too no grooms though just meet and greet. He's got a busy weekend planned...taking him with me to have lunch with the assistant trainer and her dog and showing him some agility equipment for the first time on sunday. Should be fun :biggrin2:
 
Whiskey came out of his shell today!

So this is Whiskey's fourth kindergarten class, and today he did fantastic.

I have been seeing the assistant trainer outside of classes, so she and Whiskey have become more familiar. So today, when we were working on re-call, Whiskey and I worked with her. He did very well with her as always, but afterwards the other trainer took him to use as a demonstration and he performed for her! I was so proud of the little guy, because he's been very shy thus far only opening up to the assistant trainer.

The trainer was very excited too, and afterwards everyone in class got to give Whiskey a very small portion of a hot dog for making him sit for them. I think we're over the fear hump! :biggrin2:
 
YAY Whiskey! Sounds like he is doing great.

We just had our first Kindergarten class on Monday. We worked on resting by our side, targets, and recalls. Fun fun fun.....
 
Actually, the assistant has a 7 month old tri-color sheltie also. :cool:

Kindergarten is fun eh? This our fifth or sixth class...its on-going until you feel you're ready to move into beginners so I've lost track...and he once again did really well.

He's 100% targeting, heeling, recall, sits, stays, waits and "watch"

Working on stay-downs and sitting when we stop...as well as proper finishes he's crooked :lol:

Hope your next kindergarten class goes well Danisgoat! Ours was fun once again, though we did have another class member ask us what we were doing in Puppy Kindergarten when Whiskey does everything I ask him to. Slightly embarassing moment :o On a better note our trainer said she could see Whiskey starting to "show" rally in the next 6 months or so, and obedience in the next year.
 
Hope your next kindergarten class goes well Danisgoat! Ours was fun once again, though we did have another class member ask us what we were doing in Puppy Kindergarten when Whiskey does everything I ask him to. Slightly embarassing moment On a better note our trainer said she could see Whiskey starting to "show" rally in the next 6 months or so, and obedience in the next year.

Hey, I found this thread in the forum shakeup. I like hearing about Whiskey...

Congrats on how well he is doing! You two must be working hard.
 
I would not be embarrased a bit that he is doing so well that is great news Good going Whiskey. Wonderful news that he will be doing Rally.
 
Back
Top