Favorite fruit?

I've never given Smudge any, but I have been considering carrots and green beans. I think for fruit maybe we'll try mangos and some apples. I know of a lot of dogs that like mangos. I might try a piece as well, because I've never tried mangos. :biggrin2:
 
Spencie is another one who loves any fruit (or veggie) that I give him. In fact, there is no way I can sit down and eat a piece of fruit or a veggie salad without those brown eyes on me just waiting and hoping I'm willing to share. He always wins, by the way.
 
I always tease and say Meggie would be a vegetarian if I let her! The only fruit or vegi she has snubbed her nose at was raw carrots. She likes cooked ones though.

She loves apples. You should core them before you give a whole one to a dog though.

I haven't tried giving her watermelon, but after all the comments here, I think I will. What a great, low calorie treat!
 
Aonghus also adores lettuce, cucumber, carrots and he would knock you down and run right over you to get to a stalk of celery! I am trying to cut most meat out of my own diet and therefore I eat tons of fresh veggies and fruit and so far Aonghus has been as 'happy as a clam' helping me use up my fresh produce!!:razz:
 
Fruit eating Shelties

Wow, I did'nt know that fruits were OK to feed to shelties.
Other than the odd bananna piece, and carrot bits that's all my guys and girl has ever had.
Do they get any tummy problems after eating the fruits.
Sylvia & our 4 shelties.
:confused2:
 
Callie also loves lettuce. and carrots and recently discovered frozen green beans and frozen broccoli. haven't tried many fruits- may have too though :smile2:
 
Romeo loves banana but only if there's a bit of peanut butter mashed in with it and only if it's frozen. Talk about being picky. :rolleyes2: He also loves durian but that's coz it's stinky - alot of shelties here seem to love it.
He'll chew up baby carrots but not swallow them - I'd have to clean the orange pile up after!
 
Wow, I did'nt know that fruits were OK to feed to shelties.
Other than the odd bananna piece, and carrot bits that's all my guys and girl has ever had.
Do they get any tummy problems after eating the fruits.
Sylvia & our 4 shelties.
:confused2:

My girls have never had any problem with fruits or veggies. Just have to watch it and not give them seeds to apples or grapes.
 
Should not give dogs grapes, raisins, or onions. They are toxic to them. My two boys like carrots and sweet potatoes. Not too big on fruit. They really don't like bananas for some reason.
 
Back
Top