First bath

6 months is amazing. Nickle still smelled like kennel when I got him so THAT DAY he got a bath. Cambria got a bath her first week home too, for nothing more than so I could know when her bath schedule was.

Usually I'm lucky if I do 4 or 5 baths a year. The more often you brush them the less often you bathe them, at least if they are on a good food. I've found that a good quality food makes all the difference when it comes to cleanliness. I probably should be brushing more often then I do but they just don't seem to need it(I vacuum alot so the filter tends to tell me when it's time). And whenever I happen to notice the really soft downy fur behind the ears starting to matt up.
 
Bailey had about 3 baths before she turned 6 months old. She just got a bath last weekend. She hasn't had one since Nov. I don't like to give bath's in the winter because I hate blow drying her. I prefer to let her air dry.
 
Bailey had about 3 baths before she turned 6 months old. She just got a bath last weekend. She hasn't had one since Nov. I don't like to give bath's in the winter because I hate blow drying her. I prefer to let her air dry.

I have question about this letting them air dry.Is it better,what does it do exactly other than not sitting with a dryer to get them done.I've read others saying the same thing about air drying.
Just wondering~
 
I have question about this letting them air dry.Is it better,what does it do exactly other than not sitting with a dryer to get them done.I've read others saying the same thing about air drying.
Just wondering~

I have no idea if it's better for them. I'm just lazy and would prefer not to blow dry her lol
 
I can honestly say that Bentley's hair (much like mine :lol:) looks terrible when left to air dry. It goes every which way!
 
I can honestly say that Bentley's hair (much like mine :lol:) looks terrible when left to air dry. It goes every which way!

I have the same problem with Baxter and Fergus,hair sticking up in every direction. They look so much better and fluffier if I take the time with the blow dryer.
 
I gave Bailey a bath on Sunday and let her air dry. I didn't have an issue with her fur. It look just as fluffy. I think she still has puppy fur because her fur is still very fluffy. All the adult shelties I've seen have flatter, silkier fur.
 
We used to use the blow dryer on my first sheltie, I did dry Maggie some with it the other day since her coat is so thick. She was still damp deep down in the late afternoon.
 
Ok,I was just wondering.I've always dried Trapp,which he does'nt seem to miind all the fuss.I use a diffuser that came with my dryer.

So it distributes the heat to a wider area,and actually lifts the coat to dry it deeper.I use it on low.It takes a bit,but he looks so awesome when he's done.
 
I have let Justice air dry and he looks pretty good but he has the proper coat texture, harsh and stand off. He is hard o get wet and sheds water like a duck. Ember looks scary if left to air dry. Cowlicks everywhere, hair standing up all over. Her fur is too soft. It holds water forever too. It is better now that she is older though. Diva also looks better went blown out.

I have a small force air dryer and it cuts drying time but atleast half over regular hair dryers plus it is cool as to not damage the hair. I would be with out one.:smile2:
 
Back
Top