First trip to the pup salon

Smudge wants me to point out that pink winter caps are PLENTY manly, and he knows this because he wears one sometimes. :yes:
 
Bandana's

Hi All: He looks great in the bandana. And speaking of that, I would like to get a couple of them made for Robby and his new sister, arriving shortly from rescue. What size? One size fits all? What material? I have some fine wool tartan material I would like to use - would it be suitable? Help please. We will be having some formal family pictures done by a professional soon and would love to have tartan bandanas for both the furkids. Will
 
Hi All: He looks great in the bandana. And speaking of that, I would like to get a couple of them made for Robby and his new sister, arriving shortly from rescue. What size? One size fits all? What material? I have some fine wool tartan material I would like to use - would it be suitable? Help please. We will be having some formal family pictures done by a professional soon and would love to have tartan bandanas for both the furkids. Will

one size does not fit all. if you have a regular bandanna- try it on Robby and see how it looks- if it's too big, then you can cut it down. if too small- unlikely- then you will know that you need more material. My dogs can wear the triangle formed when you cut a bandanna in half. You can use that as a pattern for your tartan wool so you won't waste anything.
and of course, we'd love to see the pix :yes:
 
Not sure what tartan is but yes they can be to small. The ones at the Sheltie get together fit everyone but Sca and Ernie (think he doubled up). Sca's was close but not quite.

Sca is a naked boy. He just needs his fur, which is soooo soft now :cool:
 
tartan

Tartan is the material, most often fine wool, from which kilts and other parts of a Scotsman's wardrobe is made. Some people mistakenly call them plaids. They are most often linked to a particular family or clan. Because Shelties are a Scottish breed dog, they look particularly good with some tartan. Robby has a tartan collar in my family tartan. It seems to me that tartan material would make particularly good looking bandanas on Shelties.
 
Handsome Sca

I must add that Sca is a very handsome Sheltie indeed. It just shows what some judicious grooming can do, with an already great looking dog. The bandana is a nice extra touch. Cheers.
 
What a great idea to have photos don'e with your family heritage clan pattern.I would think some higher end fabric stores (JO-Annes,Hobby Lobby,Ben Franklins) would have some nice patterns.

Have you tried online,or googling tartan plaid?

These boys here wear bandanas often.Earnhardt gets really excited,as he figures something special is happinning,or he is going somewheres.
 
Back
Top