Flyer

soo cuute- love the tug pic:yes:

Jocu will still pull Destin around with a tug sometimes but of course, I can never get video.....
 
He's going to grow up to be quite the looker! I love his markings. That tug pic is calendar worthy!
 
I sure hope he grows up.... last night he scaled the 36" xpen as if it were effortless. (he's 9") Scared the beejeebers out of me!


To my knowledge he wasn't experienced with stairs, last night he was speed racing on two flights of stairs ...

I opened my refrigerator to examine what's for dinner. He speed climbed the shelves and snagged a carrot on the way...

(pictures soon)

If he keeps this up, I'll have him evaluated for SAR work, he's absolutely fearless and his nose is really good. I toss his cookies in rough grass, he's found every one.
 
I sure hope he grows up.... last night he scaled the 36" xpen as if it were effortless. (he's 9") Scared the beejeebers out of me!


To my knowledge he wasn't experienced with stairs, last night he was speed racing on two flights of stairs ...

I opened my refrigerator to examine what's for dinner. He speed climbed the shelves and snagged a carrot on the way...

(pictures soon)

If he keeps this up, I'll have him evaluated for SAR work, he's absolutely fearless and his nose is really good. I toss his cookies in rough grass, he's found every one.
Ruutu was climbing 28" baby gates his first night with us (8weeks, 10 inches). I highly recommend crate over xpen, or get the 48" and pray. I haven't tried Ruu in an x pen for that reason. Sounds like he'll be a good agility dog though :biggrin2:
 
I am so glad Missy didn't scale the baby gate. The one I used is only 23" tall. She never tried to climb over it, but she knocked it down a couple times. As much as she loves jumping, she's never been much of a climber. She doesn't have that billy goat gene some Shelties tend to have.
 
This is why I went crate over x-pen. It has a roof. It's not that I like to "cage" animals, but it has a built in floor and roof.

Between whatever the puppy would try and whatever the cats would try, had to go with a crate.

I do, however, have an x-pen that goes around my Christmas tree (cat protection).
 
I am so glad Missy didn't scale the baby gate. The one I used is only 23" tall. She never tried to climb over it, but she knocked it down a couple times. As much as she loves jumping, she's never been much of a climber. She doesn't have that billy goat gene some Shelties tend to have.
:lol: after he was about 12 weeks old, he started jumping it, straight over. At that time though we were using it to keep out our piranha (Honey likes to eat anything and be in the way when cooking) Honey never thought anything about jumping it though. Unfortunately, I have a feeling our next pup will be an escapee too since it will be Ruutu's brother from a different litter.

Also, watch using soft crates... Ruu busted through his while we were loading up the Uhaul. Gee, thanks buddy! Good thing he has a metal one.
 
Back
Top