Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Getting Minnie used to being brushed

Discussion in 'Grooming' started by KarenCurtis, Jun 1, 2019.

1. Wendy C

Wendy C Forums Regular

May 30, 2019
    Paris, Ontario CANADA
    I’ve been using a non-slip mat on my washer to brush Cooper and keep all the brushes etc. on the dryer. He seems fine with the brushing. Yesterday he had his first bath and did reasonably well with that. lol. What shampoo does everyone use? I tried Burt’s Bees for puppies and his coat seemed great. His coat seems to be blowing out not sure if that would be the warmer weather or starting to lose his puppy coat? Every day is a new adventure !

Chris and KarenCurtis like this.
  2. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Western Connecticut
    Wendy, please be careful using Burts Bees shampoo. These news stories came out a few months ago about puppies having reactions to it. I have no personal experience with it but would avoid using it just in case. I also read that Burts Bees denied there could be any tie to their shampoo, but it's not a chance I'd want to take on a puppy.
    https://www.counton2.com/news/south...pet-product-after-death-of-puppies/1899719498

I use Buddy Wash Lavender and Mint shampoo which you can find on Amazon, and tearless shampoo for faces.

ghggp and KarenCurtis like this.
  3. Wendy C

Wendy C Forums Regular

May 30, 2019
    Paris, Ontario CANADA

Thanks for the heads up. I have used Burt’s Bees for years on my dogs as well as different products of theirs on myself so once again I guess I need to do some research. Never ending it seems. Thanks again!

ghggp, KarenCurtis and Ann like this.