Greenies Pill Pockets

I also use a piece of cheese - 1/4 slice. Mash it up into a ball, stick their pills in it, and they gobble it down quite happily! They each get an Omega 3 and Zyrtec daily. Laddie gets his enalopril twice a day and Katie 1/2 thyroid pill twice a day. Never had a problem giving either of them their meds with the "cheese delivery system".

You are VERY lucky. Chloe is a nightmare with her pills (and they are larger pills). She sucks the cheese off from around the pills, then spits the pills out. The only thing that works for her is the Greenie Pill Pockets.
 
I've used processed cheese in a pinch. It doesn't "mold" around the pills quite so well, but it works.

Yet, Bacca does love his Greenies. Even when he went "funny" at the cottage over his food, he still lined up for his twice daily pill session! :smile2:
 
I've used processed cheese in a pinch. It doesn't "mold" around the pills quite so well, but it works.

Yet, Bacca does love his Greenies. Even when he went "funny" at the cottage over his food, he still lined up for his twice daily pill session! :smile2:

That is how my girls are.....they LOVE their pills every night.
 
We wrap any pills Mally has to take in bread. Works like a charm. (he likes bread)

Mally got really sick from Greenies, we stay away from them in any form.
 
Mally got really sick from Greenies, we stay away from them in any form.

These aren't greenies, so to speak. They are nothing like the Greenie chews.

They are a very soft treats that wrap around a pill and molds to the pill so the dog can't spit them out.

Consider yourself lucky that you can use bread!

For those of us that have pill houdini's....this is a great option.
 
For awhile I thought they were like Greenies bones, too, and stayed away from them for that reason. Luckily our dogs will eat pills in peanut butter because they want to get ALLL the peanut butter no matter what.

One thing to keep in mind is that the pill pockets are sort of big. When we picked Bentley up from the vet he was on 5 different pills, and during the day he had to take a pill about 15 times. If I had given him a pill pocket every time, he would have been so fat!
 
One thing to keep in mind is that the pill pockets are sort of big. When we picked Bentley up from the vet he was on 5 different pills, and during the day he had to take a pill about 15 times. If I had given him a pill pocket every time, he would have been so fat!

Yes, they are big.

Just so you all know, the purpose of my thread here wasn't to push using the pill pockets, I just simply wanted to extend the deal to the forum that was availabe at that time for those pill pocket users :wink2:

Everyone who can use something other than the pill pocket....consider yourself, and your pocketbook, Blessed. For the rest of us....this was a good deal.

It was back in early June, so I am not even sure if the deal is still going on.
 
I looked at Pill Pockets when they first came out as something to keep on hand "just in case" ... then I looked at the ingredients and saw "wheat" included and Edan is sensitive (not necessary allergic) to wheat or corn; makes his eyes water badly.

With him on twice daily thyroid meds now, I had to find something he'd take the pills with. I started with peanut butter but now its squeeze cheeze; just a dollop on top of his food with the pill tucked inside.

The only time he actually licked around the pill and spit it out was when he wasn't eating prior to his stomach/gallbladder surgery. He knows the pill is there, just doesn't care and swallows the dollop in a quick gulp.
 
True, but the antibiotic and other medication he had to be on after surgery weren't. I think at one time I had 3 different pills hidden in one pile of cheese.
 
Back
Top