Greenies Pill Pockets

Yes, they are big.

Just so you all know, the purpose of my thread here wasn't to push using the pill pockets, I just simply wanted to extend the deal to the forum that was availabe at that time for those pill pocket users :wink2:

Everyone who can use something other than the pill pocket....consider yourself, and your pocketbook, Blessed. For the rest of us....this was a good deal.

It was back in early June, so I am not even sure if the deal is still going on.

Thanks danisgoat! Never thought you were pushing them, was glad to see such a good deal was being offered online. I'm super cheap and always enjoy a good deal. :winkgrin:

It appears the deal is still there so I've been considering it, but money is tight, especially now that both Toby and Ginny are on some form of meds so I'm not sure I want the extra expense.
 
You also have to consider if Greenies have an expiration date. Because 180 pill pockets will last one dog 5 months. If you get bags that expire in say 3 months, then you'll have to throw some out.

I am very lucky that Bailey is naive enough to think pills are treats. She actually takes her daily vitamin C pill straight from my hand. I don't even like the tangy taste of vitamin c pills!

My mother has a lot of issues with her matlese's hypothyroid pills. She has tried everything including greenies. This maltese knows there's pill in it. My mom has to crush all her pills in a pill grinder and sprinkle them on her food every morning. Such a difficult dog.
 
You also have to consider if Greenies have an expiration date. Because 180 pill pockets will last one dog 5 months. If you get bags that expire in say 3 months, then you'll have to throw some out.

Good point.

They do have an expiration date, but the ones I have been getting from Amazon are good for 6months-1 year from when I purchase them. I go through a total of two pills a day, so I am good.
 
I took Greenies Pill Pocket Capsules, flattened them, and then cut them into multiple rectangles. Each rectangle was shaped around a capsule (or pill), like working with clay. The end result was a capsule/pill that was both tasty, and compact (easy to swallow).

On the advice of my vet, I gave my boy new-formula Greenies for years, and thankfully, he never had any problems with them. (They were his favorite treat, and he got them three times a week.)

Hill's t/d dental nuggets are another dental option. I gave him those too, as daily treats. (I bought that from my vet.)
 
I discovered that Bacca much prefers the Pill Pocket allergy forumula better than the regular formula. Not because he has allergies, but I expect he is used to the taste non-allergic formulas in his food
 
I use a piece of cheese molded around the pill or pressed real flat. Or I hide a pill in a little dab of peanut butter. My Danny Boy really loves peanut butter which he doesn't get much of lately. (diet) Lately I have had to give him a piece of cheese without the pill and than the one with it. Or let him see me eat a piece. He got too smart about spotting hidden pills.:lol:
 
I use a piece of cheese molded around the pill or pressed real flat. Or I hide a pill in a little dab of peanut butter. My Danny Boy really loves peanut butter which he doesn't get much of lately. (diet) Lately I have had to give him a piece of cheese without the pill and than the one with it. Or let him see me eat a piece. He got too smart about spotting hidden pills.:lol:

You are very lucky! My dogs suck all the peanut butter off the pill and spit the pill out. Same goes for the cheese, except they get the cheese of much faster than the peanut butter. By the time they spit the pill out after the peanut butter, the pill is a dissolved mess!

Green pill pockets are a must in my house :yes:
 
You are very lucky! My dogs suck all the peanut butter off the pill and spit the pill out. Same goes for the cheese, except they get the cheese of much faster than the peanut butter. By the time they spit the pill out after the peanut butter, the pill is a dissolved mess!

Green pill pockets are a must in my house :yes:

My house too. Justice is the worse dog in the world to pill. I am very good at pilling dogs and he foils me more often than not.

Ember not a problem. If it doesn't eat her first it is gone. Haven't pill Diva yet so can't tell you.
 
I give all mine one chance. After that, I just shove 'am down the throat. Danged if I'm going to spend a fortune on pill pockets! :winkgrin:
 
Back
Top