Greenies Pill Pockets

I give all mine one chance. After that, I just shove 'am down the throat. Danged if I'm going to spend a fortune on pill pockets! :winkgrin:

Thats what I normally do but Justice can some how get pills up out of his throat and hide them somewhere that I end up ruining more $ worth of pills then the pill pockets. He is not normal.
 
What a pill!

Harper Lee thinks that her thyroid twice daily is a treat, I am so lucky and don't I know it too.

Hey Danisgoat, loved the term 'pill houdini' Hah hah. Chris I am with you, shove those puppies down the hatch. Have done so with other dogs.

Best,
Kate
 
I give all mine one chance. After that, I just shove 'am down the throat. Danged if I'm going to spend a fortune on pill pockets! :winkgrin:

To each his own!

I guess for us "danged if I'm going to be shoving a horse sized pill down her throat every night" is my philosophy :wink2:
 
As previously noted, I used the material from one Pill Pocket Capsule to cover multiple pills/capsules.

One time, I gave him a whole Pill Pocket Capsule, and he chomped away at it thinking "Why is there a giant piece of clay in my breakfast bowl?" :-)
 
As previously noted, I used the material from one Pill Pocket Capsule to cover multiple pills/capsules.

One time, I gave him a whole Pill Pocket Capsule, and he chomped away at it thinking "Why is there a giant piece of clay in my breakfast bowl?" :-)

I cram Bacca's pill's into one capsule as well. He just thinks its a major treat. Indy gets a Zuke's at the same time. All told it probably costs me about $20 a month....but those are pretty much all the treats the get....except for Mother Hubbard dog biscuits, but one bag last for a couple of months.

So not too much money to make sure that Bacca doesn't spit up his pills.
 
Fat

I use a piece of cheese molded around the pill or pressed real flat. Or I hide a pill in a little dab of peanut butter. My Danny Boy really loves peanut butter which he doesn't get much of lately. (diet) Lately I have had to give him a piece of cheese without the pill and than the one with it. Or let him see me eat a piece. He got too smart about spotting hidden pills.:lol:

Watch that cheese i used to give my Max all his meds in cheese and now he has gall bladder issues (common in shelties) and has panncreatitus. Very painful and dangerous.
 
Back
Top