Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Hi Everyone,

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by Henry’s Dad, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    I don't get any...whether on my computer or phone. I'd check your computer out...sounds like malware.

Ann likes this.
  2. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    no popups here either......

3. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    Jocu would do something similar to his chew when he was a puppy
    actually he's 7 yrs now and still does it- need to get updated video sometime......

4. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Yes, Liam does both of these activities too! Just crazy puppy behavior I think. I hope!
    I thought the same as Caro posted, possibly got into something that elevated his liver enzymes?
    I took Liam off puppy food at 6 months.

5. Katie’s Mom

Katie’s Mom Forums Regular

Feb 8, 2019
    Suffolk County,NY
    My first sheltie did the same thing! We got her a few cardboard boxes and she would jump in those and scratch like a bandit!

6. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    Bet he did it once and you laughed and now it's part of his repertoire, the more you laugh, the more he'll do it. These puppies are so darn easy to train for naughty! Deska did all sorts of cheeky, silly things - he was just a big clown. As long as he isn't barking at the shine on the floor or his shadow - that's an OCD behaviour that should be discouraged.

Beef liver is great (as long as it's not made in China). But you can't give too much as it gives diarrhea. Avoid anything that lists sugar, glycerin or honey (bad for teeth), and read the fat content - dog yoghurt drops for example can be 1/3 fat!

7. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    so I did take some video within the last couple months of Jocu playing with his cow horn- kind of dark but you can see how much fun he's having- with the toy and trying to convince the other dogs to join in.....

Sharon7 likes this.
  8. Hanne

Hanne Forums Sage

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    Henry I do not use special treats, I use the daily dry food, so I am sure the stomach will not be disturbed :wink2:

Caro likes this.
  9. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    That's so funny, Jocu plays like a cat!

Calliesmom likes this.
  10. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    I've been buying the Zuke's puppy treats and then cutting them in half. Treats are expensive - there is a recent thread here with instructions and recipes on making your own. I am trying one recipe this week - tuna fudge!

I was using regular puppy food for treats with potty training but there wasn't anything really special about them. When I switched to using the actual treats for treats, it was a bigger deal to get the treat after going potty. I had bought Wellness soft bites and tore them in fourths, but they are fairly rich. Brodie can handle them now as special treats, but when I started using them as potty treats, they gave him loose stools. Too much of a good thing. Hence we now reserve the Wellness for really special times like when the vet comes to visit.

I found an animal sound video on you-tube. If I put it on, Brodie goes crazy over my phone. I can put it on the floor upside down so the glass is on the floor and he tries to scratch and 'attack' the case. He also will 'attack' his reflection in the glass of the entertainment unit under the tv. Sunday morning, when the 'other dog' barked at him the same time he barked, he fell over backwards in shock. They are soooo silly!

Calliesmom and Ann like this.