How much do you pay for dental cleaning? Sandstorm's estimate is $750 to 1200, have to cancel

Thank you everyone for your help. I did not realize that local vet hospitals have such differences in their prices! How do they think they can compete I wonder! Now I am thinking maybe I have been over charged for other things also!
 
Oh wow. I was surprised that the vet in the next town charges 300 less, have you shopped around? I cannot afford that high cost
I have found that certain Vets and clinics price per zip code-I am not talking tax, because some cities have higher tax than others at least in my former state. I found articles from former Vets that they actually increased prices based on your zip code. I am NOT making this up, go research it. That is price gouging and totally UNFAIR. I am fairly new to this area, and I have had MANY locals tell me to go to the smaller towns nearby for services because they don't price gouge and provide more services for less. Kaleigh & Savannah didn't really like the Vet near us, so I am shopping for someone they are more comfortable with. I can't believe the range in prices....
 
I have found that certain Vets and clinics price per zip code-I am not talking tax, because some cities have higher tax than others at least in my former state. I found articles from former Vets that they actually increased prices based on your zip code. I am NOT making this up, go research it. That is price gouging and totally UNFAIR. I am fairly new to this area, and I have had MANY locals tell me to go to the smaller towns nearby for services because they don't price gouge and provide more services for less. Kaleigh & Savannah didn't really like the Vet near us, so I am shopping for someone they are more comfortable with. I can't believe the range in prices....
I believe this to be true. Our vet is way is 10 miles one way from the edge of the city, and he is well worth the trip. Zulu's recent dental was $450.00 total. I called around nearby vets just to check and got $600-$800 plus any tests/meds that may be needed. I will say that he was also Cody's vet, so we stayed with him when we moved back to the city. He really treated us right when Cody was so very sick (kidney disease), sold us all the fluids/needles at his cost.
 
My sister just recently had her dogs teeth cleaned and it was just under 500.00, the good thing here is that it's the law that veterinary clinics give you a written cost of the procedure that is valid for 30 days. There of course is always a wide range of prices.
 
My sister just recently had her dogs teeth cleaned and it was just under 500.00, the good thing here is that it's the law that veterinary clinics give you a written cost of the procedure that is valid for 30 days. There of course is always a wide range of prices.

We did find a vet- half the cost as the first vet! So it will cost us about 400 dollars, our regular vet would charge us around 800!
 
Back
Top