How shall I Puppy proof/prep?

YES they can get bitten by mosquitos so if heartworm is in your area you need to have heartworm meds for your dog! It is transmitted by mosquito bites.

Roland is so very cute - welcome to the joys of Sheltie-dom!
Yes, and that's why it is important to keep your dog on heartworm preventives at all times!!!!!! Even though I've never seen my dogs get bitten I'm sure not taking the chance!
 
YES they can get bitten by mosquitos so if heartworm is in your area you need to have heartworm meds for your dog! It is transmitted by mosquito bites.

Roland is so very cute - welcome to the joys of Sheltie-dom!
I hadn't thought about heartworm - I just thought it was a general question about mosquitos. I don't worry about heartworm since my dogs are on a preventive.
 
Frequently there are bugs (mosquitoes, gnats) flying around Shelby. Especially with all the rain we had this summer. I took a video of her the other day laying down but trying to catch the bugs. It is so funny b/c you can’t see the bugs but see her moving her head around snapping her mouth at them
 
Back
Top