How to get my Cali to chew her food?!

I did come up with the idea of putting Trapps food in a muffin tin..which he totally had a great time,it took him about 20 minutes to eat all the morsels.

That is a great idea! I'm going to have to try it. :yes: Maybe it will work for me as well. Thanks!
 
Trapp looking quite hansome today as he sported his new rolled leather collar & his St. Francis ID tag. Earnhardt got one to.Waiting on Bumpers,then we'll get the grandogs one.

Th other is of Trapp playing with what has definately solved our problem of the inhaling of his food.Its is taking him at least 20 minutes t oeat,instead of 5-10 seconds. So I am happy.
My company that has been here brough 4 new interactive things for us to give a try with. This one seems to be the one he loves.



018.jpg


006.jpg
 
Trapp looking quite hansome today as he sported his new rolled leather collar & his St. Francis ID tag. Earnhardt got one to.Waiting on Bumpers,then we'll get the grandogs one.

Th other is of Trapp playing with what has definately solved our problem of the inhaling of his food.Its is taking him at least 20 minutes t oeat,instead of 5-10 seconds. So I am happy.
My company that has been here brough 4 new interactive things for us to give a try with. This one seems to be the one he loves.



018.jpg


006.jpg

He is handsome. Glad you found something to slow him down. When I only had one dog I would throw the food on a rug ,that way it was all spread out and they had to hunt for it but if I did that now it would be like throw chum into a tank of sharks. :winkgrin:
 
He's doing very well with the red ball. There is also a cube dispensing toy that was brought here for him,and he likes that one to.

I told Janet,that it did not take him long to figure out the red ball. He now knows that if it is balanced a certain way,all he has to do is give it a gentle nudge with his nose,and the food will dispense.
 
That is a great idea! I'm going to have to try it. :yes: Maybe it will work for me as well. Thanks!

Hey Jess...

I just got my new Foster & Smith book today,and they now have a food dispensing ball in there.

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=20239&prodid=40665&catid=1397

Also..if you are looking for the Tug-A-Jug to order,listen..Trapp does not find this at all appealing,and Earnhardt isn't using it either,if you would like it,and just pay me what I paid for it,I'll send it off to you.

Or if not..if anyone os interested in it,let me know.
 
He is handsome. Glad you found something to slow him down. When I only had one dog I would throw the food on a rug ,that way it was all spread out and they had to hunt for it but if I did that now it would be like throw chum into a tank of sharks. :winkgrin:

Now THAT's a visual! Reminds me of when my son is cooking and dropping things all over the floor as he chops and dices....definitely sharks circling...!
 
I've been trying the Pause ball in Indy's bowl, and have successfully slowed his eating down to 30 seconds instead of 20 seconds! Now that's progress! :rolleyes2::lol:
 
Hey Jess...

I just got my new Foster & Smith book today,and they now have a food dispensing ball in there.

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=20239&prodid=40665&catid=1397

Also..if you are looking for the Tug-A-Jug to order,listen..Trapp does not find this at all appealing,and Earnhardt isn't using it either,if you would like it,and just pay me what I paid for it,I'll send it off to you.

Or if not..if anyone os interested in it,let me know.

Sorry! I just now noticed your post. :uhoh:

When I went to PetSmart a while back I saw one of those tug a jug's and didn't like it. I also read terrible reviews on it at Amazon. So I'm glad I didn't buy it.

Smudge seems to actually chew his food now. I'm hearing some crunchieness going on. Don't ask me why he suddenly decided to chew before he swallowed. It beats me. :eek2:
 
Back
Top