Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Ideas for muzzle

Discussion in 'Other Equipment' started by Caro, Jul 6, 2019.

1. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    That sure looks like it would work!
    Wow, never knew they made such a thing! Then again, that is why we love sheltie nation so much! Everyone is so helpful.

Ann and Wendy C like this.
  2. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    Canberra, Australia
    I remember seeing one of these on one of the IBD pages - quite a few people were outraged by it! I haven't seen them on sites I visit, but it may be easy to make something similar. I used to have some mesh in the garage, if I can find it I'll try making it myself.

Today we went to the market and Tully had her Halti head collar on so I could keep her head up. She did pretty well seeing as she hasn't worn one for over 10 years, but as soon as I would stop she'd duck under the market stall and pull the nose off. Such a smart little girl sometimes!

Ann and Sandy in CT like this.
  3. Hanne

Hanne Forums Enthusiast

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    Caro likes this.
  4. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    935F7BB3-768C-4CB8-8420-2D5E61DB0CAF.jpeg When you mention Halti head collar works, it made me think of horses!

Can you put a strap around the barrel of her body and attach two side straps to the Halti that would be tight enough to not allow her head to drop?

5. Sharon7

Sharon7 Premium Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    So today on our regular beach bluff top Sunday walk, what do I see coming toward us but a yellow Lab with one of the foxtail baskets on his head!! The owner said it works well, and the dog doesn't care about it at all. It just seemed to attach to the collar. He spent $400 on a foxtail up the nose, hence the new headgear.

6. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    Canberra, Australia
    Ah, that's why it's called a foxtail cover. We don't call them foxtails here. So far I haven't found anything like it in Australia (or on Amazon), unfortunately with shipping and exchange it would cost me well over $100 to buy. Trying to work out how to DIY but after last night I think I'll just buy something.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2019
  7. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    Canberra, Australia
    Hanne likes this.