Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Justus and Flyer 2019

Discussion in 'Obedience' started by 2GoodDogs, Jan 8, 2019.

1. 2GoodDogs

2GoodDogs Forums Enthusiast

Jun 17, 2010
    atlanta
    I've been missing in action several weeks for some health challenges but it hasn't kept me totally off my feet. :)

Flyer RAE :)

This weekend we were entered in four classes on Saturday, and his 9th leg came with a 198, and his titling leg with a 200 and High Combined. :) Good boy!!! I think not talking to him helped a lot because the 2 points he lost was for two very sassy barks when I gave him commands in the first Excellent run. I stayed quiet for the rest of them, and he did too. :)

We are trialing in utility A next weekend, searching for our first leg.

Hope all is well down Alabama way, I was hoping to hear from you that you were coming up, oh well, I'm sure we will see each other in Ohio, I hope!

Piper's mom likes this.
  2. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Congratulations! Flyer did great! Good luck next weekend, you'll do great!
    We have our last show of the season in 3 weeks...going to be VERY busy! I have Piper entered in all 4 days in Utility (if he gets his title the first day then I'll do Day of entry for Open) and we're doing his RAE all 4 days. Finnie will be in Prenovice Friday and Saturday (ring experience) and Rally Excellent all 4 days. It's very exhausting with 2 dogs!

3. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    hey, I'll be emailing you soon. we are planning a GA trip.
    looks like you are stuck in obedience- rally scores only go to 100:winkgrin::razz:
    Congrats on the RAE:yes:

good luck in utility:fl
    Cran has rally this coming weekend for master points...........

Piper's mom likes this.
  4. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    you'll be great:yes:
    I think it's tough to do rally and obedience with the same dog in both....
    easier to do 2 dogs in one or the other........
    we don't have day of entry options in AKC......

Piper's mom likes this.
  5. 2GoodDogs

Jun 17, 2010
    atlanta
    New Versatility title! Now we have exhausted the optional titling classes, the only one left would be a Preferred Utility Dog, and PUD-Excellent. Lol... someday! Our try in Utility A was a little wild, he missed the metal article, and a glove. We skipped Sunday and went to the mountains instead. :) Nice day for a hike and an hour trail ride on horseback for me. :)

Hope you all had a good weekend too!

6. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    Congrats:yes: get all the obedience letters:winkgrin:

Piper's mom likes this.
  7. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    Good Luck this weekend:fl:pop:yes:

Piper's mom likes this.
  8. 2GoodDogs

Jun 17, 2010
    atlanta
    Aw, thank you! It really is the best time of the year... for trying to be everywhere! As you know I hate that I couldn't be in Atlanta and Orlando at the same time.

But, Orlando it was! What a blast to go with my two best buds and hang out at the Royal Cainin/Eukanuba Extravaganza! Over 5,000 dogs entered and everything was going on! Dock Diving National Competition, Agility Invitational, Obedience Classic, Juniors Obedience Competition, The Obedience Classic! This amazing place, the Orange County Convention Center had it ALL under one roof!! I think I averaged 5-7 miles a day walking around!

Flyer was #809 among the 60 Open Obedience dogs entered. We showed in to Judge Bill Parrill first. I was *so nervous* needlessly, because we had some mistakes but got all the moving parts. :)

The second ring was toughest, my nerves were off the charts and we lost 22 points, mostly because he got very barky on the heeling. (178)

The third ring was the best. I was pretty much over it at this point and relaxed enough to handle my dog better. Judge must have thought so too, I only lost 8 points (192)

At the end of the weekend, our aggregate score put us in 17th place, with 60 dogs that were entered. :) My big brag was that we qualified in all three rings.

In fact the score breakdown for each ring was:

Ring 1 -
    Broad Jump, -3 (He did not sit in front - he stood in front)
    ROHJ - .5 (almost perfect!)
    RF - 0 (perfect!)
    DR - 3.5 (I thought it was better than that...)
    CD - 2 (Down - Sit - Stand)
    HF & F8 - 6 (naughty dog barking, a no sit...)
    SGL - 0 (perfect!)
    Score: 185

Ring 2 -
    ROHJ -3
    DR - 5
    CD - 3 (Stand, Sit, Down)
    HF & F8 - 5 (naughty dog barking, a no sit)
    RF - 0 (perfect!)
    BJ - 5 (harsh! it wasn't that bad!)
    SGL - 0 (perfect!)
    Score: 178.

Ring 3 (I'm waiting for a "friend" to send me the video, I want to see it!)
    RF - 1.5
    DR - 1
    ROHJ - 1
    BJ - 1
    HF & f8 - 3.5
    CD - 0
    SGL - 0
    Score: 192!

It was the second year and I will cross my paws and hope to qualify Flyer for next year! If he doesn't get his UD this Spring, we might just go back and try for Top Ten in Open.

Now to go read up on the Destin gang and what the rest of you are up to!
    Happy Howlidays,
    The Barky Boys - Justus and Flyer....

ghggp and Piper's mom like this.
  9. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    sounds like a great trip- scores not bad for a high pressure environment:yes:
    maybe Cran can qualify for next year- we're planning some regular novice attempts:fl

ghggp and Piper's mom like this.
  10. 2GoodDogs

Jun 17, 2010
    atlanta
    Well this year is wrapping up, no more shows for us until January 11. They were good boys this year. :)

Justus didn't do a lot, Veterans obedience and some wild card classes. I think if Flyer doesn't qualify in utility soon - Justus will come back to the utility ring.

Flyer had a very good year. CDX, Grad Open, Versatility and his Rally RAE. He showed me a few cracks in his foundation so we will trial in January and then re-evaluate if he's really ready. I ordered many pictures of the Classic will be happy to share when they come, and if I get the youtube's uploaded I'll be happy to share that too.

Merry Christmas to you and your pups! Happy New Year with all the hopes and joys (and ribbons!) it will bring. :)