Kibbles That Kill

A lot of zoos also have animals that cannot survive in the wild do to some type of injury that you may not be able to "see."

I volunteered at a wildlife rehabilitation center. Wonderful experience, btw. But anyway, if there was an animal that could not be rehabilitated and released...it would be put down. Once in awhile, there was that really special animal that seemed to thrive on human affection, and it was heartbreaking to put it down due to its condition. These few animals were then kept for "educational" purposes. Oh my!!! They were fabulous and I never felt sorry for them. Some that stand out in my head were Precious (skunk), Steve Ray Fawn (a deer with no eyes), and elvis (a woodchuck).
 
I would and will love to take a trip to a zoo.

And yes my last zoo visit hmm,,,, 15 years ago .. I saw the pacing tigers, the monkeys in tiny cages being teased by visitors, the rhinos with bleeding heads trying soo desperately to get out of their hellish pens..huge fish in lil tanks (seemed like there were more fish than water in the tanks) so maybe i just had a bad experience. I shouldnt generalize all zoos... but still I think non endangered wild animals would rather be in the wild. (just my opinion).

I think this may be a good comparison to how i feel .... I love to stay at 4 star hotels when I go to a steelers game .... but after a while no matter how nice the hotel is sooner or later we all just want to go home...

Steelers games?? how do you get tickets? I want to go!:yes:
 
We love the Bronx Zoo! It was a great outing when Tofu Pup was, well... a pup! There are so many trees, that even in hot weather you can stroll along in the shade. It is better to picnic your food, rather then to buy there, that is the expensive part. And the Botanical Gardens are in the neighborhood also. Another wonderful day.
 
We love the Bronx Zoo! It was a great outing when Tofu Pup was, well... a pup! There are so many trees, that even in hot weather you can stroll along in the shade. It is better to picnic your food, rather then to buy there, that is the expensive part. And the Botanical Gardens are in the neighborhood also. Another wonderful day.

Funny thing is I've lived in NYC my whole life and have never been to the bronx zoo, statue of liberty or empire state building....one of these days :)
 
Funny thing is I've lived in NYC my whole life and have never been to the bronx zoo, statue of liberty or empire state building....one of these days :)
ME toooo!! I wanna see the bronx zoo and SOL.

I live an hour from philly and havent been to their zoo since I was 10.
I love seeing the animals as long as they are in a well kept/maintained habitat.

There is a zoo at hershey park as well (only 45 min away) havent been there in 20 years lol.
 
Back
Top