Koji's First CPE Trial

wow
he IS a fast little guy, isn't he??!?
Good luck keeping ahead of him, LOL He seems to be looking for queues really early.. he's a fast thinker, too I bet!!
That was SO fun to watch!!! I was watching the 'embarrassing' ones first and they weren't embarrassing at all, lol I was looking for big ole bloopers, and nothing that bad!

I will be watching all, for sure!

Thanks. Y'know with each trial, he seems to be getting faster. I posted on my FB the other day that his Jumpers round, he ran 5.5yps or something like that. Holy smokes, how am I going to keep up with him. Definitely need distance. lol
 
Koji is so beautiful when he runs. I love it when he jumps (although gosh that's high!) and his coat kind of hangs mid-air for a moment. Floating Sheltie!

LOL. After a run today, my hubby said, "Koji, what's up with your hair, you have that windblown look" and I said, "well, he was running as fast as the wind just now". I have to admit, I know I"m biased, but I love watching Shelties run. Most of them make it look so easy.
 
I only got to watch the above videos last night. Yes, I intentionally watched the "bad" ones because I wanted to see what was so terrible about them.

Overall, great runs! Don't be so hard on yourself. :winkgrin:

Of course you did. LOL. And thanks for the initial help with distance. I'm so impressed how much one lesson helped him. I ended up setting up two jumps so he'd learn to take the next one, at a distance, w/me prompting him with a "go on". My gawd. He was great this weekend in trial.

And I know I'm hard on myself. But, it makes me want to find training solutions. Which is a good thing, right?
 
Professional Videos

I thought I'd post these because they are just too awesome not to. I really like the camera angle. Although you may not see the jump from the side, it's great to see the handling and jumping from above. I liked it.

Do you guys ever have prof's there? Is it like this? Do you prefer this than the type that your "friends" take? Just wondering.

Jumpers first round (this was his awesome run)
Wildcard
Colors - a very short run
Fullhouse - I look like I know what I'm doing
Snooker
 
I've had some professional video done at the trial in Ohio I went to. It wasn't from this angle however. I really like the fact that these were shot from above and you can see the entire course. Its a great angle!

Honestly, I watched your original video and now these from the same trial and, honestly, you really do look like you know what you are doing. If you can hone your timing and your confidence to move a little further ahead of him (and trust him to follow and do what he's supposed to do) and you two will really be one fantastic team.

You look really good out there!
 
I've had some professional video done at the trial in Ohio I went to. It wasn't from this angle however. I really like the fact that these were shot from above and you can see the entire course. Its a great angle!

Honestly, I watched your original video and now these from the same trial and, honestly, you really do look like you know what you are doing. If you can hone your timing and your confidence to move a little further ahead of him (and trust him to follow and do what he's supposed to do) and you two will really be one fantastic team.

You look really good out there!

It is neat, isn't it? When I first saw them I thought, wish I could get more vids this way. YOu can see what you're doing, what you should be doing what you need to learn to do.

Sheri - thanks for the compliments. Trust me, we have a long ways to go. lol. I'm now working on distance, so maybe by the end of the year, we can look back and say, what were you doing? LOL. Sadly, I have trusted Koji and that's when I get blind crossed. :( I've also trusted him on distance and then have to run back to get him to take the obstacle. I've basically learned that I was hoping for something that wasn't there yet. But now that I'm working with him, I think it will get better....much faster :)
 
Do you guys ever have prof's there? Is it like this? Do you prefer this than the type that your "friends" take? Just wondering.
[/URL]

Our trials are too small to have a professional videographer, but I wish we did! I think those videos are awesome! Sometimes you can't always tell why you're doing what, or why the dog did a certain thing, but the semi-bird's eye view gives you a great perspective.

Of course, my husband and I videotape each other and I'm normally trying to tape and watch at the same time. I either end up taping and not really "seeing" what happens (boo!), or I watch and forget to follow Bentley with the video, haha!
 
Were the videos taken by Agility Vision? I know he is in Calif.

No. They were taken by 4 Legged Flix. Which IMHO, I won't be buying from again unless Koji does something awesome.

I didn't know Agility Vision was out here. I figured he was back east/south.
 
Back
Top