Koji's First CPE Trial

You did Kojii did and awesome job.Don't ever say your embarrassed about your dog's win. Be proud. You work is paying off. He is fast little bugger.Keep up the great work Shadow says so!!!!!!!:biggrin2:

I have to say, I am impressed with how fast he's become. He was so slow before. Just trotting away like whatevers. :) Now, to work on distance. I guess this means I have to go to the park.
 
I have a T-shirt (won it at an agility trial raffle) that simply says "Dirty Q's Count Too".

Ohmigod. That's too good. That'll be me when I kinda um, block a discrimination obstacle. hahaha.

Y'know, it's not so much that I'm being hard on myself, it's just that with CPE, seriously, I feel like I'm cheating. lol. Or getting away with something because that Standard run was BAD! but yet, he Q'd. lol. I mean, I'll take the Q's, but I just feel....weird about it. As if I'm not being honest. This is what happens when you start in a venue where only clean runs (and under time) equal Q's. lol. Darn, should've started in CPE.
 
Cheryl--you guys did great! Even the "embarrassing" ones aren't as bad as I was expecting. You should definitely be proud. Koji has really come a long way from some of the first videos I watched of him.

So true! So true! I was watching some of the older ones and was saying, "I can't look, this is so painful". LOL. So I am very proud of how far we've come in the past 7 months. Very proud.

It's interesting to watch, too, because I recognize that he and Bentley are similar. Neither wants to work away, etc...I saw that Koji isn't too keen on being sent out to tunnels, especially when a rear cross is involved. Bentley is the exact same way. It's that velcro mentality of "hey wait, where are you going? I can't see you!" That being said, Koji had a great a-frame where you lagged behind and I think rear crossed, and he went on (yay independent obstacle completion!)

Congrats again!

I know you're not going to believe me after seeing all those videos, but he's actually been WORSE! His RC's are excellent, but at this trial sheesh, he was refusing tunnels left and right.

This video was from another trial. Its Chances (like Gamblers). He got two tunnels. His first one that I sent him to, was his normal.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7t5xuEM6mEA

It's really strange how things change. lol. He's gotten more crazy on the course, but yet, he's also more focused. Off course (while we wait) he's become more of a handful but his runs are better. He's lost distance again, but is, again, focused (for the most part). It's all really strange. When he barks a lot at me, I know he's not in the right mindset. And yet, other times, he's so focused, barking along the entire way. It's so frustrating!

He's become more Velcro-ey. But his RC's are awesome! When he goes in front of me....which again, is getting weird.

I'm telling ya, it's like golf. You got one thing figured out and going well, the rest falls apart. Sigh. Wanna switch dogs?
 
I'm telling ya, it's like golf. You got one thing figured out and going well, the rest falls apart. Sigh. Wanna switch dogs?

Sometimes! :razz:

You're right about some things improving and others getting worse. It's weird how that works. I guess it makes agility training interesting! You'll always have something (or in my case, LOTS of things) to train.

And, you'll always have good days and good runs and bad days and bad runs.
 
I think it's all beautifully done. I love how the focus is all on you, and you and your furchild almost become one in thought ;-). Love it!
 
wow
he IS a fast little guy, isn't he??!?
Good luck keeping ahead of him, LOL He seems to be looking for queues really early.. he's a fast thinker, too I bet!!
That was SO fun to watch!!! I was watching the 'embarrassing' ones first and they weren't embarrassing at all, lol I was looking for big ole bloopers, and nothing that bad!

I will be watching all, for sure!
 
I loved ALL the videos. All of them!

I'm just beginning in agility, so it is awesome to see actual trialing. I have even had some of those same 'what the crap' moments with a tunnel! My instructor said that Duncan just doesn't get that he's not supposed to be right next to me the WHOLE time. Solution? Kind of toss him into the opening and squeak/call him while keep running. Absolutely works. Duncan's favorite to practice at home? Tunnels!

Koji is so beautiful when he runs. I love it when he jumps (although gosh that's high!) and his coat kind of hangs mid-air for a moment. Floating Sheltie!
 
The Bad:
Standard Round 1: Wanna see a dog jump a foot from the contacts?
Snookers: It's really not bad, but it's funny, cuz I'm like, oh yeah, go here, no wait, go there, whoa, go over there. lol. You probably can't tell though.
Standard Round 2: Koji Q'd and got 1st place with this run....I'm embarrassed to admit that.

The Ugly: aka embarssing
Jackpot: Remember, Koji has no distance yet, this was going well.....until.....

I only got to watch the above videos last night. Yes, I intentionally watched the "bad" ones because I wanted to see what was so terrible about them.

Honestly, I saw nothing in those videos to be embarrassed about. Were they pretty, no - that I'll give you. But they were not "bad" runs; especially when you consider you haven't been trialing for a year yet.

I'm going to start with your Jackpot run. DO NOT feel bad about that run. I couldn't get Edan to go "out" from me the first time I ran Jackpot either. I've spent the better part of a year trying to develop distance work with him... and I'm STILL working on it. (The next class I'm taking is specifically targeted at distance skill. Its a new class we are offering.) I can post some information on how we trained distance if you want.

Standard 1 - OK, he missed a contact, it happens. I've watched dogs working on their CATCH miss contacts. Don't fuss over it too much, some contact proofing in class will help fix that.

Snooker - BEAUTIFUL RUN! You didn't look too lost on course and, more importantly, Koji followed your lead.

Standard 2 - Yeah, it was ugly; I've had a few of those. But, like I said yesterday Dirty Q's still count.

Overall, great runs! Don't be so hard on yourself. :winkgrin:
 
Back
Top