My opinon - there is nothing wrong with breeding. We need breeders. If there were no breeders we wouldn't have shelties. I just don't like it when people:
1. Take advantage of misinformed people (like me)
2. Breed dogs they know should not be bred
3. Do it only for money or attention
4. Don't groom their shelties (brushing their fur, not allowing their fur to grow, matted shelties, shelties with bad teeth, ect.)
5. Hold off on vet care for their breeding shelties for various reasons
6. Decide that since you can't test for everything that it is ok to just not test at all
7. Do back to back breeding
8. Use a pedigree to draw in more money. Like I've seen in the local newspaper "Dog has champion in bloodline!"
9. Offer a twofer. I've seen this as well. Like buy two puppies get one free. That was in the paper. I can't believe they printed it!
There are more, but I think you get the idea.
My dogs are adorable (I'm biased), but I have no business breeding them. Smudge got the old snip 'n clip several months ago. Fluffy's getting the old heave ho when she gets old enough.
I have a hard time looking at your username. My name is Jessica, and my last name starts with an R!![]()
I definitly agree with you, i just wanted to point out that every breeder started out somewhere. It is how you choose to proceed that seperates good breeders from the bad.

), but I have no business breeding them. Smudge got the old snip 'n clip several months ago. Fluffy's getting the old heave ho when she gets old enough.
