1. Guest - Please ensure that you have read the Missing Sheltie Rules before starting a thread.
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

LOST SHELTIE - RI - Update

Discussion in 'Missing Shelties' started by Ann, Apr 2, 2017.

1. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Missing Maggie - A Call to Action
    We remain hopeful that Maggie will be returned to us. However, we are hunkering down for what may be a wait - longer than what any of us would want. We continue to follow leads, spread flyers, put up posters and ask for help for others to do the same. Right now we are trying to regain our strength and emotional balance. Maggie was beside me no matter what I did in the day so life is disorienting right now. Please continue to share and spread awareness for lost/stolen/missing dogs - no matter where you are - especially Maggie.

ghggp likes this.
  2. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Continued prayers for dear sweet little Maggie! May she be returned to the arms of her loving owners soon! Amen

Ann likes this.
  3. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Susie's latest update. Check "Missing Maggie, A Call to Action on Facebook for photos and more information:
    Week 2 Day 2. It has been an endless 2 weeks and would have been unbearable if there hadn't been so much support and help from so many people. Our son is home for a couple of days (it is his blue and white sweater on this site that 6 week old Maggie took her first nap with her soon to be family. She is his pup and he is her boy. We are all having a hard time with the emptiness. On the positive side - we know that what is being done by everyone is working - we have had 6 calls about a collie that was seen in the next township over on Saturday morning. Everyone wants Maggie to get home. However please remember she was taken out of the back yard so she is most likely in someone's house, yard, garage, etc. As they say in the big cities "If you see something, say something." Please just call us if you are suspicious and we will deal with it appropriately. Thank you all again.

Hanne and ghggp like this.
  4. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    The search continues for Maggie. A dog was reported spotted in Richmond, a nearby RI town, several days ago. Susie's husband and the animal control officer managed to catch the dog which was a Sheltie mix but not Maggie. He was microchipped however and able to be returned to his family. Sightings have been reported in the same area of another dog that is thought to be a Sheltie and Susie and Carl are following up on that lead. A new poster has been designed..I posted the link to it below. Please continue to share and visit Maggie's page on Facebook: Missing Maggie - a Call to Action. We are still praying for her safe return.

https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=d1426b5426fc25b5f9c5d6041d799eb9&oe=597DB58E

5. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Every time I gaze into those loving eyes, it tears a hole in my heart knowing she is still missing! I hope who ever took her eventually comes to their senses and returns her!

Ann likes this.
  6. Hanne

Hanne Forums Sage

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    Bad enough to know she still has not come home yet - it must be successful, please

But when I see this face and read the text it makes incredible pain in my heart.
    Do not dare to think about how the family has it.

Ann likes this.
  7. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    It's now two months since Maggie went missing and in spite of many leads, there's been nothing concrete. Maggie's owners bought ads this month on bus shelter panels advertising the reward with the help of a GoFundMe page which have brought lots of attention we hope will help. The ads attracted the attention of one of the RI television stations who ran a story on tonight's news. We've been trying to get TV coverage since she was stolen, so we really hope this helps! Here's a link to the segment.
    http://www.abc6.com/story/35657558/family-buys-bus-stop-ads-in-hopes-of-finding-missing-dog

8. Hanne

Hanne Forums Sage

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    It hurt so much in my heart and tears run.

How does this wonderful family do not have it?

Oh - where i hope she will be found after the broadcast.

As time passes, the chances are less, but the hope of finding Maggie will always be there. :hugs

Ann and ghggp like this.
  9. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    With tears streaming down my face watching this video, I can only hope and pray someone responds that knows something! Anyone can tell by this wonderful news report how much she is needed and loved! Well done!

Thanks so much for keeping us updated!

Prayers for Maggie and her family! We all can feel their pain and anguish! Hope springs eternal...

Ann likes this.
  10. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    I applaud the family for their persistence in trying to find Maggie. I truly hope it will aid in returning her to her loving family. My heart just aches for them. I can't imagine the agony. I only hope all this publicity doesn't make the person/people who took her want to harm her because the heat is on.....it's a catch -22.