While gluing is easier, I did find taping to last longer. And with gluing, I did have an issue, cuz the boys play so hard, that a few chunks of hair were torn out twice I think. Brodie had a big bald spot on his head for a bit when he was young from the first hair fiasco.
A friend of Ann's actually showed me a way to tape ears that is way simpler than what you see on line. She trims the hair from the interior of the ear, all those tiny hairs and then around the edges and then cuts one base piece shaped to the ear - that was toughest for me and I wasted a ton of tape, next time I would use paper to shape and then trace it on the tape. She then uses a piece of tape folded over to connect tape to tape. I found the dogs played so hard that Kooper could pull that up after a while. I ended up using glue for direct tape to tape.
I hated Dethatchol - dried his ears out so bad said breeder thought I bought some lice or something into her home - I freaked her out so bad! I liked Uni-Solve wipes with the tape. I left them in where the glue would be super old (my tape ears lasted 4 weeks!) and then just slowly wiped along the lifted edge where they were already lose from being on there from some time. I used the wipes, from bottom to top - slowly and the tape would just come off. Very clean, only had irritation once and Ann glued them for me. For glue, I liked human hair extension glue from Amazon and loved that I could get it colored to match Brodies black hair! Dethatchol works better for glue than tape - just made a mess. Next dog I will try some of human hair extension removers to see how they work.
Ears stink! My first dog had pricked ears, Brodies are tipped but one better than the other. Even now, when we snuggle at night I massage his ears on that crease......