Microwaving food!?

I've read that some cats prefer warm food--so I think it's pretty common. Luckily my cat eats it cold, but I know that room temperature/warm is what they like better (usually).
 
I jave warmed Bumpers canned food,when I offer it.She really does not eat it on a regular basis,but if I do have an opened can in the fridge,I warm it,as she eats it better.
 
I warm Cadbury's food, but then he is on BARF so has plenty of leftovers from time to time, as well as the occasional canned food.

I zap anything that could do with being warmed, like leftover potato or gravy. Cadbury will race to the kitchen if he hears the microwave ping because he thinks something might be in it for him!:lol:

Warming food helps to release the smell, as does soaking dried food in boiled water. As animals get older their sense of smell can deteriorate and this means they can't always smell their food and lose their appetites. Improving a food's smell therefore can entice an animal to eat again.

As a side note - Jessica if your mum saw the things I put in the microwave!:lol: Plus its 20+ years old!
 
How we spoil our babies!

I don't heat up their food. I figure the warm (fresh out the new can) and the cold (stored in the fridge) is what gives them variety! :rolleyes2::yes::wink2:

Well that's my theory and I'm sticking to it!:lol:
 
I've read that some cats prefer warm food--so I think it's pretty common. Luckily my cat eats it cold, but I know that room temperature/warm is what they like better (usually).

Most cats do not like cold food. They also like food they can smell easily. If it doesn't smell good or they can't smell often a cat won't eat. So taste,odor, texture and temperature are important to cats. If one of those things is not right for them they won't eat. A normal healthy cat will starve itself to death. Not so of dogs.
 
I thin her teaspoon of canned with hot water from the hot water dispenser. Stir it up and then add her dry. She licks the bowl clean.
 
Most cats do not like cold food. They also like food they can smell easily. If it doesn't smell good or they can't smell often a cat won't eat. So taste,odor, texture and temperature are important to cats. If one of those things is not right for them they won't eat. A normal healthy cat will starve itself to death. Not so of dogs.

There is a whole Yahoo!Group dedicated to how to switch a cat to raw food. With dogs, you just stop feeding kibble and hand them meat. I guess cats are much more picky, and are addicted to the sugar in the cat foods, so switching them is much harder.
 
Back
Top