Miko ate an Advil gel cap

For humans about every 5 days we have completely new inner lining of intestines, such is power of rejuvenation for the human bodies. I am sure it is along same time frame for pups as well. Since it is was one single toxic episode and it has been more than a week? you will start seeing an improvement, just hang in there for another couple of days.

Yes, the episode was 10 days ago. We're definitely in a wait and see holding pattern at the moment.

I'm cautiously optimistic due to the fact that he still has a great appetite. I've read that if he had an ulcer and was in pain that he wouldn't want to eat. That is certainly not the case with him.

I just wish he'd poop during daylight hours!!!!! I'm sure we look like lunatics out there trying to examine his poop under the light of a street lamp!! :lol:
 
Yes, the episode was 10 days ago. We're definitely in a wait and see holding pattern at the moment.

I'm cautiously optimistic due to the fact that he still has a great appetite. I've read that if he had an ulcer and was in pain that he wouldn't want to eat. That is certainly not the case with him.

I just wish he'd poop during daylight hours!!!!! I'm sure we look like lunatics out there trying to examine his poop under the light of a street lamp!! :lol:

Fingers crossed! I have been thinking about Miko all day...I didn't know the lining of the intestines renewed so frequently! A good appetite is always a positive thing.:no:

I can so relate to looking like a lunatic! With both my dogs there have been times I've been out in the garden with them, in my pjs at well past the midnight hour, closely studying the ground with a torch!!:uhoh:
 
Hopefully the FINAL update!!

The poop is BROWN!!! :winkgrin: Definitely brown. Not black, but brown. It's solid... it's brown... it's the greatest poop in town!!! :lol:

Ok, seriously now. He ate nothing but chicken & rice yesterday (no low-reside food added to it) and he had a "medium" brown poop this morning. It must be the low-residue food making it so dark... which is totally fine.

Thanks again to everyone who sent their well-wishes, thoughts and prayers. We are more than ready to move forward into heathier and less worrisome days!! :smile2:
 
The poop is BROWN!!! Definitely brown. Not black, but brown. It's solid... it's brown... it's the greatest poop in town!!!

Ok, seriously now. He ate nothing but chicken & rice yesterday (no low-reside food added to it) and he had a "medium" brown poop this morning. It must be the low-residue food making it so dark... which is totally fine.

Thanks again to everyone who sent their well-wishes, thoughts and prayers. We are more than ready to move forward into heathier and less worrisome days!!

Hurray for brown poop! :wink2:

No, seriously, so relieved for you that things are finally looking up! I know how stressful this kind of problem is. Keep us posted on his recovery. :smile2:
 
great news!

it must be only Sheltie people who can understand getting excited about the color/consistency of doggy poo. I have been telling my husband that Belle has perfect poos and he looks at me like :dead: or :no: or :rolleyes2: but never :yes:
 
Back
Top