More Surgery for Checkers - Good News!

Checkers is done and home and immediately looking for food so she's certainly fine! The vet said everything went well and she was so good they were able to do the procedure with just a bit of lidocaine. I have some gabapentin for her tonight but they don't even think she'll need an e-collar unless she bothers the stitches. Now we wait for the results of the biopsy, which will be 7 to 10 days.

Thanks for the good wishes and prayers! I kept busy waiting for word baking a batch of cookies. I will now proceed to eat them all. :happy:
 
Checkers is done and home and immediately looking for food so she's certainly fine! The vet said everything went well and she was so good they were able to do the procedure with just a bit of lidocaine. I have some gabapentin for her tonight but they don't even think she'll need an e-collar unless she bothers the stitches. Now we wait for the results of the biopsy, which will be 7 to 10 days.

Thanks for the good wishes and prayers! I kept busy waiting for word baking a batch of cookies. I will now proceed to eat them all. :happy:
Ann, that is the good news we were all waiting to hear...so happy all went well!! I think Checkers would like you to share some of those cookies with you...as long as they are not chocolate. (y)
Trini
 
Checkers is done and home and immediately looking for food so she's certainly fine! The vet said everything went well and she was so good they were able to do the procedure with just a bit of lidocaine. I have some gabapentin for her tonight but they don't even think she'll need an e-collar unless she bothers the stitches. Now we wait for the results of the biopsy, which will be 7 to 10 days.

Yeah for Shelties! Gavin only had to have a local for his neck tumor. I don't think they originally thought that it would work, but he is sooo calm and laid back. Sounds like Checkers is too :) I swear it helps so much when your pup is vet procedure friendly, especially during these times where we don't get to even go in with them. I hope the biopsy comes back clean for you.
 
Back
Top