NEW FOOD --- ZIWIPEAK dog food Feedbacks and Opinions

I ditto everything Ariel has stated.

Also, I don't see the point in purchasing such an expensive food. If its so close to feeding raw, then why not feed raw? It's a LOT less expensive, more natural and definitely healthier!

Ditto! Fedace, I really am having a hard time understanding why you are so hung up on this food. And have many have said, we've all given feedback on a different thread, so give it a try and see how it works.

btw - the thirsty bit....with high protein diets they do encourage you to feed lots of water. When we were on Orijen I noticed it with my pups, but for some reason don't have the same reaction with the Horizon, which is 40% protein, I think.
 
Ditto! Fedace, I really am having a hard time understanding why you are so hung up on this food. And have many have said, we've all given feedback on a different thread, so give it a try and see how it works.

btw - the thirsty bit....with high protein diets they do encourage you to feed lots of water. When we were on Orijen I noticed it with my pups, but for some reason don't have the same reaction with the Horizon, which is 40% protein, I think.

I am not hung up on it. So far tried it for only 4 days. It is not giving her diarrhea so far,, very encouraging since IVO did cause diarrhea fairly quick. and She loves the taste, better than liver treats. Hope it goes well, crossing my fingers.
One other concern i have is unknown Long term effects, hope there is none. the food is so new that nobody knows if this food will have any long term side effects like Liver, Kidney or Pancreatic problems.
 
One other concern i have is unknown Long term effects, hope there is none. the food is so new that nobody knows if this food will have any long term side effects like Liver, Kidney or Pancreatic problems.

Y would you even consider feeding your dog this food if long term effects are unknown???? This makes no sense to me. There are plenty of other high quality dog foods out there....and they're half the price of this ziwipeak.

You are potentially risking your dog's health for no reason at all.
 
Taste of the Wild has many of the exact ingredients as this food. My dogs love it and their health is improving tremendously. I'll stay with my 48.00 a bag premium food (rated 5)
 
Y would you even consider feeding your dog this food if long term effects are unknown???? This makes no sense to me. There are plenty of other high quality dog foods out there....and they're half the price of this ziwipeak.

You are potentially risking your dog's health for no reason at all.

That was my point too!

Fedace, we've given you the best advice we can, but you've obviously decided to go with the new food. Good luck!
 
I won't be feeding this food... I've got 8 Shelties, and there's no way I'd ever be able to afford $90 or there abouts for an 11lb bag of food. I like my TOTW at $43 per 30lbs, and it is a quality food.
To me, $90 for 11lb is ridiculous. There are very few meats WE buy for human consumption that are $9 per lb. If I wanted to feed that close to raw, I'd just go with raw, as I can participate in the local co-op, and get 40lb of turkey for $8 a case.
I love my pets, but I don't need to buy some tiny bags of $90 dog food for them to have what's best for them. I'd feel like I was being taken. Surely the ingredients that go into that food are NOT anywhere even remotely close to $9 per lb.
 
You're lucky Sharon. Here, all of the premium foods tend to run 43-50 for 30lbs. You're getting quite a deal there!
Here, even the junk foods are starting to creep up toward $30 a bag
 
Been trying the Zeewee Lamb formula for a week now. Now i am putting in 1/2 of her food as Zeewee peak. Good news is NO Diarrhea,, if anything, little bit constipated. Eats it like it is treats. bad news is that she seem to be still little hungry after she eats. Most likely the portion is now much smaller than before. Not sure how to handle this. ? Can't mix in her regular food forever ?????? Should i mix in the Orijen food with Zeeweepeak to make the portion larger ???

Have not noticed a big change in coat yet, probably too soon. and One other bad news is the Rep from the Zeewee peak does NOT return calls. I have left Several messages with Questions and NO call back.... BAD custormer service..
 
Back
Top