NEW FOOD --- ZIWIPEAK dog food Feedbacks and Opinions

Could be because she wants to eat it versus not wanting to eat your previous food. Could also be because the food has more of something than the old one.

i.e. I was feeding TOTW, my dogs were getting chubby off of it. I was feeding them 1c/day like I was with Nature's Variety. They weren't getting fat on NV. I decided to switch to EVO and cut down my older dog to 2/3c day and the younger (who is more active) stayed at 1c/day. But he is getting fat on that, so I have to cut him down to 3/4c.

Different foods have different properties. I was told TOTW has too much carbs in it. Still a good food, but just changing to EVO and cutting back a bit, has helped their weight a lot.

Just my story. When I first transitioned to any no-grain food, they immediately gained a lot of weight. With no-grain and high quality, you don't need to feed them a lot (well, that's my case).

Oh, and when I talked to the worker bee in the pet store, she said to just go by the back of the bag. I would've been giving them 1.25c/day. That's a LOT. But the vendor of the company came by, we talked about the size, weight, shape of my dogs, etc. and he suggested a more correct portion.

Agree with everything you said. According to back of the foodbag, it saids i should be giving 1 and 1/2 cup per day. Right now i am giving 3/4 cup of the Ziwipeak and 1/4 of her old food. Maybe this is too much. I am going to cut back on her old food even more and keep the Ziwipeak amount same. I will see what happens.
And on side note.......Her Coat is already starting to look better....More shiny and Live looking.....there is something to the high quality food afterall...
 
FedAce, now I am very confised. In your original post you said that because this food is such high qulity you would feed so much less to your dog, yet your last post you stated you are feeding the same amount as the other food.

I now feed my dogs TOTW before that I was feeding Halo. Both are premium quality foods and yes their coats were silky and shiny within a short time As was said there are several premium quality foods that are far less costlyand seem to have less side effects then you are encountering
 
cause Ziwipeak alone is making her hungry cause it doesn't feel as full after she eats...... due to smaller portion of the food... what do you think of extra chew stuff like deer antlers or buffolo hide?

Give her a bit of pumpkin or beans or other vegetables if she is feeling hungry - it will fill her up without putting on weight. I often give mine cooked mixed vegies with a little yoghurt, or mashed pumpkin - both of which they enjoy. I also give mine rawhide chews as a snack.
 
Back
Top