Novartis temporarily suspends production of Interceptor, Sentinel

Well, to be fair, a lot of those rescues are in horrible shape and unhealthy and immune compromised. A healthy, properly fed and cared for dog getting heart worms isn't hardly ever seen. With that being said, though, we all do what we feel is safest and best for our babies :)

Exactly.....because the well cared for ones are getting their heartworm preventative :wink2:

Heartworm is not something that I would even consider messing with, but we are all entitled to our opinions.
 
Exactly.....because the well cared for ones are getting their heartworm preventative :wink2:

Heartworm is not something that I would even consider messing with, but we are all entitled to our opinions.

In Texas, MANY of the adoption agency's or even breeders won't let you adopt or buy on of there's unless you have some sort of proof that your existing pets are on something.

That being said, yes, it's up to each of us to do what we feel is best for our pets..
 
Quite frankly knowing people in the dog rescue world, so many of them are heart worm positive. The treatment is hard on the dog and from what I understand, the disease itself is entirely preventable with monthly meds. I have enough evidence to convince me it's worth keeping my precious fur babies on it monthly! :smile2:

That is location dependent. We have been involved with our clubs rescue for going on 15 years, and we haven't had more than a dozen positive dogs come in. But we have seasons and it gets cold enough to kill off that cycle.
 
That is location dependent. We have been involved with our clubs rescue for going on 15 years, and we haven't had more than a dozen positive dogs come in. But we have seasons and it gets cold enough to kill off that cycle.

Wow Rachael that is truly amazing to only have a dozen! If you ever have the time you could look at our local Sheltie rescues, shoot, any breed, many of them are + for heart worm and other icky stuff.

Like you said though, you all get cold enough long enough to kill the cycles, in Houston we don't :no:.
 
They are supposed to resume production the middle of this month.

I hope that's true. ;) I have 3 months left.

I'm curious, what else does anyone here use besides Novartis products (and Heartgard)?

Does anyone use Trifexis or Advantage Plus? What about Revolution?

I know a few people who don't use anything here in CA, but since I take my dogs all over the place for agility trials, I try to make sure they're clean of fleas and anything else.
 
I hope that's true. ;) I have 3 months left.

I'm curious, what else does anyone here use besides Novartis products (and Heartgard)?

Does anyone use Trifexis or Advantage Plus? What about Revolution?

I know a few people who don't use anything here in CA, but since I take my dogs all over the place for agility trials, I try to make sure they're clean of fleas and anything else.


I believe Novartis produces human consumables too! I have never used Trifexis or the others you mention, just Heartgard and Sentinel.
 
Thank you for posting. Good to know. Cassie is on Sentinel. I guess depending on how long it will be off the market her dr. will order another one.
 
This actually made the national news this morning, finally. They only mention the human meds so most people won't know about their animal products unless they go to the website. Thanks for posting it, Ashley. It doesn't appear to be too serious. fortunately. Mine are all on Interceptor too.
 
Back
Top