Oberon visiting the hospital

mimiretz

Forums Enthusiast
So I had emergency hernia surgery last Wednesday night and was in the hospital until Tuesday. Sunday evening Lee was able to bring Oberon to visit me. He was fantastic! He came in the room and immediately jumped on the bed, sniffed me to make sure I was okay, then curled up at my feet. He made it clear that's where he was going to stay. Numerous hospital personnel came into the room because they knew he was there. He let everyone pet him, and didn't bark once (truly a miracle for a Sheltie!). Lee had brought some Snawsauges, so everyone was able to give him a treat -- which of course he felt was his due since he was the king of the day.

When I did get home he spent the entire first day on the bed with me, refusing to move even to let Lee sit down. He's a little more normal today, but is still keeping a really close eye on me. And yes, he brought me some toys...
 
Oh my!!! First and foremost - feel better - heal up!!! Rest, recuperate, love on that Oberon!!! Second - how cool that not only was your husband able to be with you, but Oberon as well. We are on such strict stuff here in CT, I was in the ER mid September and it was horrible - hubby could not come in with me, we could not communicate he could not communicate with the ER docs or even know what was going on - I was in no state to deal with ER doc or nurses, it was horrible - he was stuck out in the car, no info, no phone, no way to get info or get in touch with me. I cannot image being in an operative state here where we are - Love your hubby and love your docs and nurses and especially love your Oberon! Feel better!!!!
 
So sorry to hear you were in the hospital needing surgery! Thank goodness they allowed visitors especially these days like Sandy mentioned!
Oberon takes his guard duties seriously! He is not going to let you out of his site! Rest up!
 
Oh boy that must have been stressful! So glad you are back at home and how special that both hubby and Oberon were able to visit. He's definitely playing nursemaid now, what a good boy!! Hope you feel better soon.

As a hospital nurse I always loved having the dogs come into visit with their owners. It was really helpful for their recovery and it gave the staff a boost, too!
 
I'm glad your home and hope your feeling better! How wonderful is that that both hubby and dog were able to visit! I can only imagine how good that must've made you feel to be able to see Oberon (and your hubby of course lol)!
Rest up, get better and enjoy your special time with your boy!
 
Back
Top