Pancreatitis...

oh my goodness!!!

First Chance and now Laddie, that is too much scare for a sheltie mom in too small a time frame, yikes:no:. I am glad Chance is doing better, but will say prayers for Laddie now.
 
Thanks for letting me know that it was not a death sentence!
It appears your case was substantially more life threatening than my Laddie's is now. I just ran up to the emergency as I forgot to bring his tagged collar along. I asked to see him but they said he was sleeping. He sill refuses to eat.

I did not want to disturb him. We have never been apart. This is really hard.

I am so sorry to hear you had this too. I know it must be difficult to discuss it.

I thank you for your kindness and support!
 
First Chance and now Laddie, that is too much scare for a sheltie mom in too small a time frame, yikes:no:. I am glad Chance is doing better, but will say prayers for Laddie now.

Thanks so much...
As I said in a previous post... We have never been apart and this is really hard...

I really appreciate your prayers as does Laddie!

Typing through tears now...
 
Continuous prayers going out for both you and Laddie.

Thank you for the updates.

ps Please take care of yourself, as well. Having 2 dogs sick "back to back" must be very hard on you.

pps Happy to hear that Mr. Chance is on the mend.

Thank you so much... Everyone has been so kind to care...
It makes me so happy when inside I am being torn apart.
I hope for better news in the morning.
 
Ah, just saw that he's on the All Life Stages food. I would consider switching him to the weight loss formula. While 16% fat is not by any means considered high fat, he really needs to be on a very low fat food.
 
Also, when he first comes home, you'll want to give him food that is very easy to digest. You might want to consider keeping him on a diet of something like chicken and white rice for a little while. It's imperative to let the pancreas rest and heal by giving him easy to digest foods. Chicken and rice isn't ideal for a long term diet, but right now the pancreatitis needs to trump everything else.
 
I am so glad to hear Chance is on the mend and so very sorry to hear Laddie is having issues. I know how hard this must be on you, having to spend time apart when they need you most is really hard on both of you. I will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers. Please do keep us posted and I will pray for a easy, speedy and full recovery for your sweet baby. :fl :hugs
 
So sorry to hear of Laddie's health issues. I second what Mally's Mom said; remember to take care of yourself. It sounds like it's been a really tough time for you lately. I'll be keeping you all in my prayers :hugs
 
Back
Top