plaque spray for dogs-does it work?

We use plague off too and of course pups are young and they get raw food as well as bully sticks and such. So I can not tell you it is all plague off work. The best part I like about plague off that it is a seaweed and as such it contains some iodine in it to support healthy thyroid function. I have used human version of it and it felt good for my teeth, my dentist was happy with cleansing action it provided.
 
Thanks for the replies. We do brush his teeth-maybe not enough, Sandstorm has plaque. So, we can't get rid of it unless he goes back to the vet to have it done, but it's not that bad now. I had a hunch the spray was a gimick, but thought I would ask.

What really works is wetting a square of gauze with hydrogen peroxide and wiping the teeth and gums.
 
My vet recommends a product called OxyFresh. You put it in their water as an additive, along with spraying it twice a day. Bela had just had a dental when I got her, and I started her out on it day 1, and her teeth look just as clean after almost a year.

I used this on Neechee, too, who towards the end of his life had terrible teeth. It actually reduced the existing plaque from his teeth. I was impressed enough with it that I use the human version.

It helps their breath, too.

This is what I use too. I used to put it in their water, but I wasn't convinced they got enough of it, so now I just spray it in their mouths once a day. We also brush once or twice a week, but I think the Oxyfresh is the most effective. It was recommended by my vet too, but you can find it online.
 
Going into month two with Oxyfresh and noticing a difference in plaque build up, not bad now. I also put the gel on Harper's teeth once a day. Her breath is so nice now.


Kate

"Water is a cinch, hate the gel though but Mommie makes me." Harper Lee:ick
 
Be careful of those with grain alcohol in them. I know the PetzLife one does. I've been reading reports of people who use it regularly on dogs and the dogs had elevated liver enzyme readings when blood tests were done. This went down when they stopped using the product.
 
Has anyone tried this plaque spray product? Sandstorm has plaque, and we don't want it to get worse. :no:

I had googled online,as at one time I pondered about purchasing it. There are many negative reviews about such products. As some even contain alchohol.
There had been reports of even health issues,and a few dogs passing away because of the prdoucts,and how they interacted with the dogs systems.

Brushing is the best way,and even as some say a yearly checkup & descaling if needed.
They do make special treats (Amazon is where I buy them) that have been shown to reduce plaque buildup.
 
Back
Top